After dealing with symptoms for many months, I finally know that I suffer from Aquagenic pruritus. Great to know, but the doctor has prescribed me histamine blockers because apparently Aquagenic pruritus can sometimes be caused by histamine. I am more interested in a natural treatment and will be looking into this. Meanwhile, can anyone share their experience with histamine blockers here?

I am moderator of an online group of more than 800 fellow sufferers of aquagenica pruritus. We know the frantic screaming itch can be horrible. You are not alone.

Yes, some people are helped by histamine blockers, particularly a combination of H1 and H2 blockers; but many are not. The one way many people get relief is to change the temperature of your skin. If heat helps, ending your shower with the hottest water you can stand may avert the post-shower itch. For other times, try aiming a hair dryer at the itch or putting a heating pad on it. Capsaicin cream can be incredibly helpful, but you need to be very careful how you use it; and some of us develop a sensitivity to the capsaicin and can't use it without sneezing or coughing. (Still, it's worth it sometimes.) If cold helps you, try a cool bath with baking soda in it or menthol creams.

We have lots of other suggestions. You can probably find us online by putting "aquagenicskin" in your search engine. You don't need to spend the money to buy the book someone is selling online. We offer more help, and we're free!

I believe I have Aquagenica pruritus every time I get out of the shower my skin will itch horrible went to the doctors they put me on steroids for a week and a itching pill two times a day but it not helping,coolness helps but I need help with a treatment plan. Did all kinds of blood work all came back normal,this recently just happen to me it's been a month now. Any advice?

It's nice to know the blood work came back normal. I'd suggest joining the aquagenicskin yahoogroup!