As soon as I step out of the shower, all these little red bumps and blotches appear on by upper body, especially my upper chest. These bumps are really itchy and cover my arms, chest, and back. I have no idea what is causing this. I have tried switching different shampoos and body washes, thinking I can rule different things out. I have tried no scent shampoos and sensitive skin body wash. What is wrong with me??!!??!!

I am having similar problem. It started last year and every time after taking shower i have red itchy blotches on my neck, face, and upper chest and back. It lasts there about 40 minutes and disappears. I have tried soap free products, all natural products and eating non dairy products, but it never stopped. The condition actually is getting worse. I am taking antihistamines so that it seems little help but not getting rid off the problem. I don' think anyone knows why I am having this problem. If there is anyone who has a similar problem please !!!!! let me know how to get rid of this problem.

Could be body lice. They are incredibly small, less than 1mm, and do not come to your body except to feed.

Wash ALL clothing in boiling water and dry on HOT to kill live ones and dry out eggs.

See your doctor for Permethrin cream. Good luck.

I'm trying to deal with EXACTLY the same symptoms. After 3 months of this I finally caught a tiny bug on my upper arm after staying up all night to try and get one. It was identified as a body louse by a pest exterminator and they sent me to my doctor.

could be alergic to the chlorine in the water...

I have the same problem Its only after a shower and when you look at the itchy blotching theres a little white head like a bug bite. I thought lice or fleas but my girlfriend who sleeps next to me has no bites also if you check your cloths the lice lays there eggs in the seams of your cloths and nothing it seems like welts I need help if anyone hears anything theres no answers out there

I've been trying to figure this same problem out myself. Mine come out on my chest area after hot showers or when i'm in our hut tub. They appear in the same spots each time, and are little red bumps that itch. I normally only get about 4 or 5 that will show up. I started getting these this past year, and noticed that even on vacation they will come out. Apparently my father gets a red rash after showers, but does not welt. Our hot tub is kept at a lower temp 99 Degrees and does not use Clorine but rather an acid to clean it. I do sometimes feel dizzy after I get out of both the shower and hot tub, even in as short as 15 minutes. Could it be a form of Heat Rash?

I have the same problem. It sucks because I cant wear tanktops right after I get out of the shower. It seems to help if i take cold showers.. it also happens when I go to the beach.

Ive had the same problem and im almost positive its not lice or some kind of bug cuz its only on the chest, neck, upper arms and back and ud think a bug would travel below the belt or to the scalp instead of where i have no hair at all. and its not chlorine in the water, it happens after contact with any water, tap water, lake water, salt water, its just water that starts it. its really annoying cuz anyone with this really cant enjoy their time at a beach, people are always going wtf is that, it looks really blotchy and weird.

I have the same problem and even gave up wearing makeup because after the red disapeared I was left with dry flakey skin that itched.

I recently started using a vitamin C shower filter and after 3 days I no longer have this problem and I have to tell you I am soooo happy.

Its a fungus that grows on everyones body but sometimes gets out of control. See a Dermatologist

I have this exact same problem! Its worse when I use hotter water. I was getting my hair cut the other day and my hair dresser told me that in college they learned that the number one cause for contact dermatitis is tap water! She said tap water is horrible and that its so full of garbage that it can do terrible things to your hair and skin.

My theory is that when you take a hot shower your pores open up really nice and big so that the garbage in the tap water can really get into your skin and cause some damage. I get so itchy after I shower that i even started taking showers at night instead of the morning. This way when i got up in the morning my skin would have had time to calm down through the night. that way i didn't have to go around with blotchy redness all over my neck. Whenever i get some money im gonna get a shower filter. I'm hoping this will solve the problem. I can only hope.

its not shampoo lice or any of that. its the water. i know this because ive jumped in the shower just to rinse off without any soap. just the water. when i got out i was ate up looking. like hives or something. i dont know what to do about it and i wish i did cause its drying me out to where my face is getting flaky and red rashes. something in the water is doing this. when i get into a swimming pool it does the same so i imagine it has something to do with chemicals in the water and ive heard that theres something in the tap water that makes it clean to drink and to bathe in.

Im 17 and i have had this problem for about 2 yeears or so that i can remember its the same as the post on "08/11/09 - 12:25"
pretty much everytime my whole body gets wet i flare in like random itchy red blotches straight after i get out of the water and stays for about an hour then fades. It's really annoying like other people said because people ask alot of rude questions. Someone help please.

I have a family member (female) with same problems, only very recently. We have tried troubleshooting to narrow down the cause of the problem. She will get an itchy rash after mild warm shower on her upper body, which fades within the hour. We have switched to several different shampoos, and just recently replaced shower head with a shower head filter, (which she said had helped some after showering with only water, no soap, no shampoo). She developed no red spots after this, but she said just a few minutes afterwards that she felt only slightly itchy. No red spots, so that is better. I am considering a newly developed sensitivity to sodium laureth sulfate, sodium lauryl sulfate (which are two of the main common ingredients in most shampoos). Since we do have well water, I think that the new shower head/filter can only help. This can be found at either Lowe's Hardware or Home Depot, for around $35-$40. I have seen some online as well. If she continues to have problems after finding her a very natural shampoo, (most likely to be found at an herbal/health store)-then we will need to consult with a medical professional, as we will have done all we know to do at this point.

In closing, consider doing this: investing in a shower head filter set, and trying a shampoo without the SLS's. Post your results please:)

Please look up cholinergic urticaria. Start taking an antihistamine. It won't make the blotches go away but they won't itch. If Zyrtec doesn't help, see an allergy doctor and try hydroxyzine. I just advise you to be careful and, once you feel them coming on, or see them, get out of the shower and sit down and relax. I have had these for over a year and, if you continue to shower, it may become a bit difficult to breathe, and you might become light-headed. DON'T LET IT GET TO THIS POINT! If it gets hard to breathe, YOU MUST DIAL 911! You could go into anaphalyctic shock. I don't want to scare you, and this has never happened to me, but please be aware that, even though these could be "idiopathic" (or without a good reason or cause), they can still be dangerous. I know it's hard to take colder showers, but it is important to take cooler ones. Once it gets a little hard to breathe, hot showers will make it doubly so. Try not to itch them as, I'm sure you've noticed, they usually get much brighter red when you do, and probably burns a little bit afterwards.
Though these hives may seem to be caused by nothing in particular, it's best to still see an allergy doctor. Though rare, sometimes these are associated with silent diseases.
I'm not a doctor, so please don't take this as a diagnosis. Do, though, take care of your body, and pay attention when it's telling you things.