I've had three episodes now and it is very unpleasant. Starts with a numbness in my lips then this uncontrolable itch on my head, groin, arms' and legs, back, it's so intense I wish I had claws as finger nails to satisfiy the itch. Then I go into stomach discomfort, diarrhea, nausea and sweating, this all comes on fairly quickly with the last time fainting. My doctor said it was a mild case of food poisoning but want some other answers as it seems that I'm alergic to something I wasn't before. Any help would be appreciated.

I 've had similar episodes. I believe i'm allergic to certain insecticides. The first time it happened I sprayed my apple tree for some bugs and I immediately got the itchy palms and soles of feet. Then I had an urgent trip to the bathroom for huge bm. And as I was still in the bathroom when I got very faint. I managed to get my husband in the house so he could take me to the Dr, but as we were on the way I was getting better. The next time it happened I went to work in the garden, and sprayed myself with "off". In a very short time I got the exact same reaction! So I decided to quick shower to get it washed off, but that was a very precarious shower...I kept wanting to black out! Anyway again it came and went as quickly as the other time. I even called the "off" co. And they said they hadn't changed the ingredients, as I had used off all my life, and never had any reaction. I told a nurse about it and she said it would sound like an anaphylactic allergic reaction. In my case it happened so quickly after my activity, that I do believe that I know the cause. I hope you can get some help

I have had these same episodes off and on for many years. I have learned to take a Benadryl when symptoms first start and they will stop. I have never been able to figure out a trigger for this other than anxiety or irritable bowel. Try Benadryl next time to see if it works.

I had these symptoms several times before I found out what was causing them...I have alpha-gal allergy.it is caused by a tick bite.if you have been bit by a tick,it could be this. I can no longer eat mammal meat, no beef,pork,deer, lamb, no red meat!! The symptoms start 4 to 6 hours after a meal.it took several trips to the emergency room before I did some research online and asked for the blood test, which came back positive. You might read upon this new allergy!!!

Hi All,
With utmost difficulty I found this blog. My husband also having these symptoms. Once in a while Immediately after having his breakfast he is getting itchy rashes all over body. Reason for rashes may be bcoz of the food he took previous day. As soon as his rashes starts to calm down (time taken is 15 - 30 minutes) he feels like passing motion and while passing itself he faints. After 10 - 15 mins he will be ok. But the whole episode is very much worrying. So I would like to know if anyone has got to know the exact reason or any means to prevent this to happen.

It is histamine intolerance. exact symtoms in same order. it's food a build up of histamines in your system from foods. it builds up overtime and then,,,,intense itching bad diahria and then almost faint (blood pressure drops) sweating and heart burn . I have taken 2 anti histimines and they have helped for over 6 months, now boom again and ant histamines didn't help. need to find doc who knows what it is.

I am doing the same. I have bought2 books on histamine intolerance and am trying to get in to see the gastro.doc. last one told me he never heard of such a thing. I am no passing out, (scary) and the Benadryl isn't helping.

I am NOW passing out.