I have had anal itching for about 2 years now. I went to see a colorectal surgeon and he did a few tests. That same day he told me I had pruritus ani, and told me what not to eat and what creams to get. I did everything he told me and I still have the itch. I will say the itching isn't as bad as it was before. Before the cream the itching would get so unbearable I would want to cry. So I am asking if anyone else has had this problem, and has anything worked for you ? I really want to get rid of this. And nothing is working. Please any advice??

I feel your pain! Unless you've had this horrible affliction you can't appreciate how it destroys your life! Let me guess...it's worse at night and after bowel movements, you wake up scratching, you are now depressed. It's just awful. There is a group of people just like us who went to doctor after doctor and nothing worked, so they tried everything and found what is the best solution to date. Search out pranicure ointment or go to pruritusani dot org. I had suffered for over 2 years prior to finding them and it changed my life back to normal. I still have to apply it once every few days to keep the itch away but I'm back to normal. It's made by people who went through what you and I know to be a horrible life curse. I wish you well!

Changing your diet will only help with the type/frequency of your bowel movements, which could help slightly but pruritus ani has to deal with damaged tissue around the anus so it will only do so much.  I was in the exact same boat as you guys...totally shocked at the doctors' lack of knowledge and proven methods to stop anal itching!  It can seriously take over your life!

You should definitely look into Pranicure ointment, follow the instrucitons, and stick with it. I'm convinced it's the only thing on the market that is effective at treating pruritus ani.