I had word catheter for 3 weeks in my bartholin gland cyst. I am OK now. I would like to know if this cyst can come back. How can I prevent bartholin’s gland cyst?
Thanks in advance!

Hey there,
I also had it. Bartholin gland cyst, said my doctor, hardly ever come back. Some times they do, but years later and then can be treated again. Hmmm… I do not think you can prevent it. These cyst are like “bad luck”. If you ever feel it again (round and soft on your vaginal lips), contact your doctor again to make sure you get an early and effective treatment.

i also had a bartholin cyst. it kept coming back for about three years. i had it lanced, packed and ballooned. none of that helped. i forgot to mention that it was located in my right labia! it would get so swollen that it was be the size of an egg (no exaggeration) and literally closed my vagina. but the last time that i got it, i had it for about two weeks and i couldnt take the pain anymore so i went to the emergency room. the e.r. doctor looked at me and told me that from my history, i needed to have the core removed otherwise it would just come back like it always have. this doctor did "surgery' on me!!!!! i had an i.v. connected and given meds to partially sedate me. that still wasnt enough! i should have been placed under general anesthesia. the pain was so excruciating that i screamed and begged this doctor to stop the procedure and he just kept going. eventually two nurses burst into the room and told the doctor that i was really loud and scaring other patients. the meds must have stopped working because i could feel and remember everything as if i didnt receive anything. he was angry with me for screaming and ordered the nurse to give me more pain meds and stormed out of the room. i had just had a baby two months prior and she was with me sitting in her carry all when all of this was happening. when the nurse left to go get the meds, i hurried and got dressed as fast as i could and took my baby and ran out of there. i still had the i.v. connected but i was terrified to let this man touch me. i feel bad that i drove myself home in that condition because i could have killed me and my baby doped up like that. i dont know how i made it home. but when i got there, my brother-in-law open the door and freaked because of all of the blood i had lossed. he said the doctor fromt the hospital had called and said that they would send a police unit to the house to come and get me if i didnt go back to the emergency room. i didnt go, i was deathly afraid of the pain. but the moral to the story is that he did infact get the core out but i feel as though it should have been in surgery and under general anesthesia. thats been fifteen years ago and i dont have anymore problems with it. but donot ever go to san jacinto hospital in baytown, texas, no matter what. its a veternary hospital because i was not treated humanly. i should have sued!!!!!!!!!

Newbie,
Sweetie you need to get another doctor. Most likely it was a male doctor. They come back. The bad luck is the poor medical advice you got.
Run sweety! Run!

I've also had problems with bartholin cysts. The first one came up about 3 years ago and just recently i had another one come up. This time it wasn't as bad as the first, with the first one i ended up having to be admitted into the hospital for three days cause the doctor i went to didn't pack it and it wouldnt stop bleeding. But this time it was better than the last with alot less pain. But i've been trying as well to figure out how to stop them from coming back, and so far i haven't been able to find anything that told me anything to prevent them. if you find out anything, please let me know. Thanks

It has been two years that I have been battling my cysts. I have had over 5-6 and each time feels horrible. I have tried everything...sitting in warm water, taking pain meds, having the Dr. drain the abcess all 5-6 times, insert a catheter, pack it, etc...and now I am suffering another one!!! I honestly don't know how you can prevent it...if you find out, please let me know!! I'm seriously considering asking the Dr. if surgery is the best option right now.

Does it hurt wen tgey drain it? wat do they do?