IM 24 YRS OLD &I'VE UNDERGONE LAPROSCOPIC SURGERY JUST A WEEK AGO FOR HAVING 1CHOC CYST IN MY LEFT OVARY (MEASURING4.3 CM)& ALSO 1 CHOC CYST(5.2CM)ALONG WITH A SIMPLE CYST IN MY RIGHT OVARY. DOC HAS NOW ASKED ME TO TAKE ONE ZOLADEX(LUPRIDE) INJECTION FOR 3 CONSECUTIVE MONTHS TO SLOW DOWN OR STOP MY PERIODS & TO TRY FOR PREG AFTER THAT.SO PLZ TELL ME AS TO WHAT ARE MY CHANCES OF GETTING PREGNANT AFTER THAT?ALSO WOULD THESE 3 ZOLADEX INJECTIONS HAVE ANY SIDE EFFECTS ON MY MENSES OR PREGNANCY LATER.WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF RECURRENCE OF THESE CYSTS AGAIN IN MY OVARIES?HOW CAN I GET PREGNANT AT THE EARLIEST?PLZ HELP ME..IM EXTREMELY DEPRESSED& TENSED.PLZ TELL ME THAT WHAT TREATMENTS SHOULD I GO FOR TO GET PREG AS SOON AS POSSIBLE...THANK U..AWAITING UR EARLIEST REPLY

Hi Alisha: I just did a WHOLE bunch of research on this for you and this is what I came up with!

1. DO NO attempt to get pregnant for these 3 months! The injection is intended to shrink the endometriosis, by concentrated hormones, so AFTER you will be more likely to become pregnant!

2. You have just received double help for your problem, they not only removed the cysts OR drained them, but they are now trying to shrink the Endometrioal lining - so you can try and become pregnant! I think your doctor is doing a FANTASTIC job for you!

3. With the concentration of hormones, it is unlikely you would have your period while these injections are ongoing, and on several sites it definitely says NOT to have unprotected sex at ALL!!! Because of the concentration of hormones, and IF you became pregnant, this could have DEVESTATING effects on your body! So just hold off till he/she tells you too OK?

4. The chances of you becoming pregnant after the 3 shots are GREATLY increased because of the 2 fold attack! So - as I stated - your doctor is doing EVERYTHING he/she can to help you, so listen to them OK? They will always do what's in your best interest!

5. Also I'm sure you have had terrible pain from all of this, with the size of your chocolate growths etc, so your body needs a little breather with the surgery and the medication OK? So just try when they tell you to try!

6. I would like you to ask the doctor if it is OK for you to take Prenatal Vitamins while going through this treatment!!! The reason why I want you to ask this, is because there is a LOT of reasearch stating that taking Folic Acid - in particular - can increase your fertility chances, and also increase the odds against spinal problems in the baby!

So I wish you nothing but good luck and health! And a WONDERFUL and easy pregnancy! Just listen to the experts OK honey!? God Bless and fingers crossed!

Hi I am 29 years old. I had a choc cyst on my right ovary 7 years back which was removed using laparoscopy, followed by medication and 3 monthly doses of Lupride injection. Since then I have been having normal periods. I got married 3 years ago and we have not tried for a family as of now. Do you think if I plan my family in about another year or so I might have complications? Will I not get pregnant later? Currently I do not use any oral contraceptive pills; it is either not ejaculating inside me or condoms that we use to prevent pregnancy. Please help me. I am really stressed thinking about all of this.

Hi honey! I see NO reason that would stop you from becoming pregnant! The BIGGEST indicator of having problems is when your cycle is wonky! Your body is SO finetuned, that it actually tells you with subtle then major signs! So if your period is all over the place, or stops this is the body telling you that somehting is wrong! Before you try - for about 3 - 4 months before, start taking prenatal vitamins - not just folic or biotin - there are also MAJOR statements coming from women who took a herbal and vitamine concoction! So ask at your local health food store! Eat healthy, stop smoking and drinking - if you do! And have your husband wear loose underwear, also there was a study YEARS ago about a mans job affecting the sex of the baby! Stronger sperm are usually female - non thinker there ;-) - and men who are around heat in the groin all day have more girls! So this includes chefs, bakers, long haul drivers, men who sit a lot, welders, mechanics! Because heat kills of sperm! Wild heh?!! So just relax and know that as long as your periods are regular and that your husbands sperm are normal, you should get pregnant! Start looking at when you ovulate - this is you greater chances of becoming pregnant - BUT I always tell women to have sex as much as possible - try for every day!! _ Thus me getting votes fromt husbands!!! ;-) XD XD - Help nature out by raising your buttocks during sex and for several hours after! As this will make as many sperm as possible be able to get through the cervical lining! Get as much rest and try not to make it a job! Just have fun - becaue the stress of creating a baby, can actually hinder you by making you ovulate at different times, and cause wonky periods! Good luck and health and fertility honey!

Bambi's back :-D
Bambi's back :-D

How was your vacation, or were you out searching for bbfeet?
We missed you ---- well, I missed you. :-P

I've been here! Just a LOT of PM! So didn't have time to address other things! Glad I was missed!

hi

i am 36 yrs and have just had an operation for choco cyst on both ovaries by laproscopic surgery on the 4th of aug . and my doct said it was sucessfull
i have been given the luprodex injection sorry for the wrong name as it is faint on my prescription. after the first one which i took after the operation after many days i got my period and now i took the second one on the 7th of sept ... and today again i got my period like the previous month . i would like to know if this is normal or should i be worried and i m advised by my doct to come on the end of sept or begin oct for a scan. as i am trying to get pregnant. i would like to know what does the injection really do to my body and how it would help me in getting pregnant. after taking the injection it has hardened up in lumps on my stomach . what can i ask my doctor to recommend to give me . also my stitches are still hard is that normal .. i am worried and afraid .. please advice
divina

hi  i am 26 years old i got marred 5 years ago and i didnt get pregnant so last month i went to the hospital and my gyn... told me that i have an 8 cm chocolate cyst on my right ovary he is going to make me a surgery to remove this chocolate cyst, so  i am asking this question could i get pregnant after i will remove this cyst?? please can someone give me an answer?? thanks i am so sad about this i wish a baby

Iam 27 old, one missed abortion year before. now we are planning for a kid and consulted my gyn, she asked to take a ultra sound for three time in a period of a week. this is th report on

8th day of my cycle my RO is 0.7X0.7 My LO is 2.2X1.9 (Choclate Cyst) ER is 5mm

12th day of my cycle my RO is 1.2X1.1 My LO is 2.5X2.0 (Choclate Cyst)  ER is 7mm

16th day of my cycle my RO is 2.1X1.8 My LO is 3.0X2.8 (Choclate Cyst) ER is 11mm

My gyn told the cyst is growing like the egg, she said lets see in next mensural cycle. still egg in RO is not yet ruptured

Is there any possible to get pregnant? with normal RO and choclate cyst on my LO?

Please advice,

Thanks.

i think we are suffering from the same problem.......and a relief after reading a reply.....

hi there,

well the same problem i was going through and what relief after reading this...thanx alot..

I AM ALSO SUFFERING FROM THE PROBLEM OF ENDOMETRIOSIS ONE THROUGH LAPROSCOPIC SURGERY AND BEEN GIVEN LUPRIDE INJECTIONS 3.75 MG NOW I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT WHAT ARE MY CHANCES TO GET PREGNANT AS IN A MONTH I GOT MY PERIOD TWICE WHAT TO DO ?? I DONT FIND ANY PROPER WAY.

Hi, I also had the same Problem.I have undergone laproscopy for multilpe chocolate cysts in both ovaries in the month of Jan & took Lupride injection.It stopped my periods for next 4 months. Now Iam back to normal & took scan.Every thing is perfect.Planning for a baby.Hope every thing happens soon as we Wished & plan.

Taking Lupride will be end of treatment as it will not allow it to grow atleast for next 2 years.Mean while if conceived there won't be any problem at all.

but having confusion as i m planning from 2 years still unable to concieve wat wil be my chnaces of getting pregnant can i b pregnant in next month?? will thius injection act as a contraceptive ?? as i had heard that it suppresses ovulataion thats y??/

try for second opinion...i undergo with same cases,same advise from the OB but I had my 2nd opinion.i thank God that prob is done tru the help oy my present OB .sometimes we dont need to stick in one docs.good luck...