I have had a reoccuring pimple like bump on my finger. it started on my left hand wedding finger, then I popped it after I realized it wasnt a wart and a clear thicker than water fluid came out, I washed my hands and went on with my day. then about one month ago the same single pimple like bump appeared on my right pinky finger, and I popped it again, now it had shown up again in the exact same spot as last time, I never notice it growing until it is the size of a pimple, with that said, it is not itchy, and it grows very fast. the location has been near my finger nail. It is not a type of eczema and it doesnt not resemble a cyst as the bump is close to the surface of my skin, not deep underneath, any help? I have it bandaged right now and I am not going to pop it in hopes to get some more information about what I have, I dont want to infect anyone if it is contaigious. also these bumps have only shown up on my fingers, no where else.

Maybe its some sort of fungal infection. Try using hand hygiene-gel to kill any bacteria on your hands. It could also be that you are not doing a good job on popping so it keeps coming back. Have someone else pop it for you, and always use some cleaning solution for skin once you are done with it. Putting a bandage is not a good idea, you need to give it some air, because if its something fungal than it will grow more easily in dark. Just wash your hands often and try popping it when it comes. However, if your problem does not go away soon then I strongly suggest visiting dermatologist. Hope this helps 

Sounds like a synovial cyst. If it is, it is coming from the joint. Don't open it, infection in the joint can occur and you will be in trouble. See your Dr.

I had similar bump - it was under my wedding ring. A few days went by and I finally popped it and now its healed and gone. However, a new one has surfaced just days later on my right hand thumb. It's right under the knuckle just like the one under my wedding ring. So strange - I can't find anything online about it. I wasnt freaking out about the one under my ring as I thought my finger my have been bothered, but I wear nothing on my thumb and here it is.

green~
first, how old are you? you say close to the surface, but on the finger, there isn't a lot of real estate between the bone and the surface, particularly on the top. my first guess is that you have gotten into an irritant, like a plant or something with little sticky hairs that embedded itself. if you are contacting me because of a post about mucous cysts, that is a possibility if you are 50+ yrs old, probably not younger. the substance that comes from a mucous cyst is VERY thick, like jello and they are often between the nail and the distal (end) knuckle. they appear near the surface, there is so little space between the nail matrix and the surface. be careful of lancing mucous cysts as they are based in the joint and opening them subjects the joint to infection, bad news. do you have any history of arthritis? i wouldn't worry about this being contagious.
R