Hello, I recently found out I have a cyst in my liver....how serious is this...and is it related to hydatid disease...or are the two the same??

Well as I know hydatid disease is infestation with larval echinococci (tapeworms). Yes, the tapeworms could cause a cyst on your liver and just for info cysts don't turn into cancer.

Cyst's are fluid-filled sacs that are totally benign and often have been present since birth. Cysts like yours are extremely common, and don't cause any problems. They're usually found as an incidental finding on an ultrasound or CT scan.

Sometimes, a cyst may become large and painful, and only then might a surgical needle aspiration of the fluid be considered.

Do you feel any pain in that area? How large is the cyst and how old are you?

I got a dermoid cyst.

its about 7.43 in size and I'm 27 years of age. I'm getting it monitored now as i'm pregnant. I got 7 weeks to go until birth of baby and then about 2.5-3 months they will take it out!