I have some ugly red bag on the lower corn of my left eye. My colleague told me I have conjunctival cyst and I have to leave it to go by itself and not to touch it though I have hard time not touching it. It really borders me it stays there for almost a week now and my left eye vision has some how worsen. Anyway these conjunctival cysts, what are they and what should I do?

You should go see an eye specialist and talk to him first for this is an eye thing meaning nothing to play around with. Anyway if you have conjunctival cyst it’s nothing too serious it’s a bag filled with fluid and usually occurs on the lower or upper eyelids. I have them occasionally for it often happens that oil-producing gland in the eyelid is blocked or sometimes even infected. Conjunctival cyst are usually of small size but may become bigger also in which case the vision is limited, but they usually goes away on their own without any special treatment. it’s not likely you have some more severe form of conjunctival cyst meaning it doesn’t makes no pressure on the cornea for its size, so you may try to apply a warm compress to the eye. Usually I’m prescribed antibiotics that are used in cases of eye glands inflammation or in case if they’re infected by some bacteria or even a virus.

antibiotics do not work agains viruses...

Thanks for replying. I just got one yesterday. Mine was bigger yesterday, but now it's a little more smaller. I think mine was due to stress and I was rubbing my eye excessively. I hope it goes away on its own. I first thought it was a virus, but after reviewing other sites, I found out its a conjunctival cyst. I wish u both the best