Good day guys. So I have one really long question for everyone, so I won't tell a long stories like I do know right? I will try to explain this problem, situation or question to you as much as better I can. So, here we go. My question is - What is dextrocardia situs inversus and how it is different from dextrocardia of embryonic arrest? I know that one friend of mine had dextrocardia of embryonic arrest but I haven't  heard about this first term. So if there is someone who is expert for this, please let me know. Thank you!

Hey there La Yl La,

This is very rare heart condition and it is present until the day someone was born with it. This condition is characterized by abnormal positioning of the heart. In this condition, the tip of the heart or so called apexis positioned on the right side of the chest. Additionally, the position of the heart chambers as well as the visceral organs such as the liver and spleen is reversed. In any case, most affected individuals can live a normal life without associated symptoms or disability. Of course, with proper therapy. I don't know much more about another term in your question. 

Hey two of you. Dextrocardia is a congenital cardiac malrotation in which the heart is situated on the right side of the body (dextroversion) with the apex pointing to the right. Dextrocardia of embryonic arrest is also known as isolated dextrocardia, and their main characterizes are:
• the heart is simply placed farther right in the thorax than is normal.
• commonly associated with severe defects of the heart, including abnormalities such as pulmonary hypoplasia .
On the otner hadn, dextrocardia with situs inversus.
• dextrocardia situs inversus refers to the heart being a mirror image situated on the right side.
• for all visceral organs to be mirrored, the correct term is dextrocardia situs inversus totalis.

Hey everyone,

Here's an interesting fact that I found out: Dextrocardia is believed to occur in approximately 1 in 12,000 people.

The two things that you mentioned are actually the only two different types of dextrocardia, dextrocardia situs inversus and xectrocaardia of embryonic arrest.

Medical diagnosis of the two forms of congenital dextrocardia may be made by ECG. ECG leads must be placed in reversed positions on a person with dextrocardia. In addition, when defibrillating someone with dextrocardia, the pads should be placed in reverse positions. That is, instead of upper right and lower left, pads should be placed upper left and lower right.

As far as I know, dextrocardia of embryonic arrest is way more dangerous than dextrocardia situs inversus. Dextrocardia situs inversus in most cases doesn't even require any special treatment, while the other one has to be treated, otherwise, you are in extreme life danger.

Couch potato is right, this is a congenital condition, meaning that one is born with it. Additionally, in the situs inversus condition, the position of the heart chambers as well as the visceral organs such as the liver and spleen is reversed (not only the heart). These are some pretty rare conditions so there is no much talk about them.

Hello everyone,

Dextroversion of the heart means that the location of the heart is abnormally positioned in the right half of the chest. The left ventricle remains on the left, but lies in front of the right ventricle. The heart is rotated to the right. The waves representing the heart beat on the electrocardiogram will indicate an abnormality.

Dextroposition of the heart is a displacement of the heart to the right. It is usually caused by acquired disease of the lungs, the membrane around the lungs (pleura), or diaphragm. The electrocardiogram is usually normal.

These are some things that I didn't see anyone else mentioning.

Hi there everyone,

These conditions are really, really rare, as you can see in the information that Health n Joy provided you with.

It's a good thing that dextrocartdia situs inversus is very mild and almost never dangerous. Treatment of Dextrocardia with Situs Inversus is symptomatic and supportive when needed. In most cases, affected individuals can live a normal life without any symptoms or discomfort. If the condition is associated with other more serious heart malformations, the prognosis and treatment will vary. Genetic counseling may be helpful for affected families.

On the other hand, dextrocardia of embryonic arrest is very dangerous.

Hey everyone. You maybe won't believe to me but few days ago I was talking about this topic with my friend and he was diagnosed with detrocardia of embryonic arrest. We tried to compare those two diagnoses but we didn't have that much luck. Actually, no one was there who could tell us more about it so we have decide to askthis question in here. And now I found it. I can say that I am extremely happy because now I can help my friend. I am sure that the fact that Dextrocardia is believed to occur in approximately 1 in 12,000 people will be extremely helpful. 

Hey everyone. Dextocardia situs inversus is a conginental issue and you can easily recognize it according to the symptoms. Of course, you cannot recognize it alone in some early stage of your life, but people around you can. I didn’t know about those, I can say small differences, and now I am glad that I do know them. Also, I am pretty sure that the main medical diagnose is ECG and thanks to this ECG you can find out what really is going on and what exactly is the cause of it, I am pretty sure. Have a nice day.