I'm 24 and have had sebaceous cysts on my scalp for years. I've had 5 removed surgically already and probably have 9+ more growing now. For the most part I can ignore them but over time some become quite sore/bothersome and a few have ruptured. It gets to the point where I am embarrassed to even get my hair cut and have someone touch my head.

Is there any medication or anything that will help prevent even more of these things? I don't have any other problems with acne, etc. My doctor wasn't any help - he mentioned Accutane but didn't even want to discuss it because I'm a woman "of childbearing age" (even though I am not looking to get pregnant).

Hi. Look, there is nothing to be ashamed of. Sebaceous cysts are common noncancerous cysts of the skin. Sure, those cysts are abnormalities in the body that may contain liquid or semi-liquid material and of course that you should consult your doctor what to do with it. It is important to know that those cysts grow slowly and are not life-threatening. Sure, they can become uncomfortable if they go unchecked. I have one, it is small because I am "taking a good care of it", but it is really not nice to see it. Sebaceous cyst on face treatment usually depends on the size and the position of your cyst. Your doctor can remove it, surgically. Everyone is doing it. Without the surgical removing, you should be aware that this cyst can come back always.