Over more than 10 years I’ve been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks and during this time I’ve been on several antidepressants, together with Lorazepam and Xanax. I know that both Lorazepam and Xanax are addictive, but they are the only thing that makes my life at least somewhat bearable.

What worries me though is, I’ve been taking all these medications for a decade, what kind of long term harmful side effects can Lorazepam and Xanax cause?

like you said yourself, the most obvious long term side effects of using Xanax or Lorazepam is inevitable physical and mental addiction. Like you, I know I have to live with that fact because simply I couldn't function otherwise.

The other possible long term side effects from using xanax, Lorazepam or both are related to memory loss - mainly, short term memory problems, but some people also do develop side effects such as depression, muscle problems, suicidal thoughts... etc.