I’ve been on Lorazepam for my anxiety attacks for about half a year now and I’m also on fluoxetine. Lorazepam does help to ease my anxiety enough so I can function fairly normally from day to day, but I still do get occasional anxiety and panic attacks where even Lorazepam barely helps.

I’ve been reading a bit about this and came across info that Xanax is more effective than Lorazepam in fighting anxiety attacks, is this true?

since Xanax is bit faster acting than Lorazepam it might work better for anxiety or panic attacks, since it calms you down quicker. On the other side, Lorazepam is much more suited for generalized anxiety disorder, when your symptoms are more or less constantly present.

In case where you have to deal with both situations, it might be worth a while to talk to your doctor about adding Xanax for your anxiety attacks.