Hey! right as im writing this my throwt is clogged and swollen from having a banana, when i was little my mum fed me furit, vegtables etc.. and i used to have bananas and apples alot when i was a todler and child.
Im 15 years old now and since i was about 12 i cant eat or even smell the scent of bananas, apples, strawberrys, pears, mellons, water mellons..heck.. almost ALL fruit.. lituraly!

Im not being the average male teenager saying that i cant eat fruit or veg becauses its dicusting, it realy is discusting and my throwt cloggs up! I asked my friend, he said his sister does the same but with only bananas and said shes allergic to them.. Is that possible? Could i be allergic to all fruits? Because right now it is VERY hard to swallow...
I can eat nuts, carrots, beans, peas, wheat, milk etc etc.. im not allergic to ANYTHING ELSE other than fruit as far as i know.. i have low hay fever which itches my eyes and grass irratates my skin also i have a VERY good imune system so its got nothing to do with that.. and im a healthy 15 year old boy.. not fat, way more on the skinny side..

I did a lil bit of resurch and this is what i found:

Another interesting immediate food allergic phenomenon is that of the Oral Allergy Syndrome. Here the allergic reaction is localised to the mouth and throat and is triggered by allergy to Fruit and Vegetables such as Apple, Peach, Celery, Tomato and Cherry.

But i can eat cherrys and tomatos..but boy are they yicky lol! Note: Vegatables arnt the problem here

Reply fast because im am very worried :-(

Yeah, it sounds like an allergy. You may have an allergy to fructose, which is high in many fruits. I don't know the fructose level in cherries, but it would make sense that it's lower. However, it's also low in berries.

Many believe that allergies cannot be desensitized. If you believe that they can, or are willing to give it a shot, look for an EDS technician (also known as biomeridian) in your area. They have techniques that help the body in accepting allergies, eventually getting the body used to accepting what's irritating them.

you should definitely check out NAET (namburpads allergy elimination therapy). its 100% safe (you dont ingest anything) and it eliminates any allergy usually in one day! i'm doing it now, and so far, so good. thereare a few books, and therapists all over the country. it cant hurt!

One thing you may want to consider is what you are eating. Are you eating organic or conventional? Many things are made from genetically modified seed, causing many food allergies. For more information on genetic modification, go to google and search for "dangers of genetically modified foods" Watch the videos provided by U-Tube of Jeffrey Smith.

My kids have multiple food allergies as well as other allergies and Benedryl is our first line of defense. You may want to have your parents look into some cleanses for you and then you will want to stick with a very clean diet, since you are so sensitive now.

Make sure you wash your fruits and vegetables. The amounts of chemicals on those things is ridiculous. Use special fruit and vegetable cleaners/sprays, because dish soap is almost just as bad to ingest as the preservatives and pesticides. Also look into the genetically modified foods as mentioned above. I know that many people who are lactose intolerant and allergic to certain foods, magically aren't when they eat the organic counterparts. Also note, that if it says that it's organic on the package, it doesn't always mean that it actually is.

hi. just replying cos i came across this when i was searching for ideas on replacements for fruit.

when i was about your age, the same thing started to happen to me. slightly different fruit, but i can't eat raw cherries, apples, tomatoes, mangos... most things, really. bananas are absolutely fine, thankfully, and so is citrus fruit. cooked stuff is also fine. i have no idea why this happens at a certain age. i think hayfever and certain other allergies are connected in some way. (and i think they run in families, alongside migraines, which again, fortunately, i don't get.)

i don't think there is a solution. you could believe some of the c**p about gm foods and odd-sounding remedies if you liked. it's best just to avoid foods that cause you problems, though, i think. maybe worth keeping some antihistamines to hand (the sort of thing you can get over the counter for hayfever), in case you accidentally eat something you weren't aware of problems with, for example. and eat things slowly if you're not sure, wait and see if you have symptoms. if it gets bad, talk to your doctor, certainly. and don't eat things just to be polite if you can't eat them, people normally understand if you explain -- you don't want to end up choking on their floors! (i'm sure you wouldn't, but you know what i mean.)

Give fruits from organic farms another try. It might be a different experience. Organic fruits tend to look less attractive, smaller and less perfect, but you can definitely smell and taste the difference.

hey i know eactly what your going through.
For 5 years my doctor kept telling me theres no such thing as a fruit allergy, until i went private and realised i had oral allergy syndrome... an allergy to raw fruit and vegetables. Emphasis on the word RAW.
Its horrible, nobody ever believes you which is fine, but when your sitting in a room filled with fruit eating company and you ask to be excused.. it looks like the height of either rudeness or insanity but this is a problem I myself, and im sure a lot of people are faced with.

Diagnosing the allergy was fine, but after the diagnosis i got no help what so ever.
The gave me a box of antihistamines and told me to take 2 if i get a bad reaction. But what about the healthy eating thing?
How can i eat healthy if im allergic to fruit and veg??
iv tried researching this on the net with no luck at all

so anyone out there with any idea... give me a shout

thanks

Yes, I have the same issue. I am allergic to many trees and, therefore all fruit (they either come from trees or, if not, have something in their skins that relates to tree allergies) and tree nuts. I have not been able to eat cherries, apples, or pineapples since I was 16 and now I can't eat any fruit or tree nuts. Bananas and apples cause my throat to close. My allergist said it is a genetic thing that I have always had yet just showed itself when I was 16 and that it won't go away. He said that I should be able to eat cooked fruit and only the fresh, raw, or frozen varieties are dangerous. However, my allergy is not like the peanut allergy in that if I eat a little bit and start to feel the symptoms, I can stop eating it and I will be fine. (I do have an epi-pen just in case). If your allergy is such that even a little bit sends you into severe peanut allergy state, you shouldn't try the cooked variety either. I won't eat cooked apples or bananas since they are my most severe. See a good allergist and get tested for the best info. You are definitely not alone...I thought I was for a while too.

Im so happy that I am not the only one with this problem. People look at me like im crazy when I say I am allergic to fruit and raw veggies. Ive never been to an allergist and usually stay away from fresh fruit and veggies and eat from the can. i know this is not healthy but what is a girl to do? Starting tomorrow I am starting an all natural detox which calls for lots of veggies and fruit. After reading the comments I will try maybe steaming the fruit and eating it cold and steaming my veggies. I never thought about cooking my fruit. Thanks you guys!!!

Hey!

You basically, as you've already stated, have an oral allergy syndrom. Eating the fruit 'cleaned' without chemicals will not help as someone suggested earlier. Peeling it will also do very little. This allergy has nothing to do with the chemicals cleaned [although it's good to eat cleaner fruit as always]. Organic fruits will not solve the problem either as someone else had stated. 70% of people who experience hay fever have oral allergy syndrome. It's because your body recognizes the structure of the fruit as similar to the pollen you are allergic to, hence giving you an allergic reaction. Cooking the food, like some other people have stated, will resolve the problem. Same with dried fruit.

AFTER EFFECTS OF FRUITS & Homeopathic medicines

Disordered stomach after fruit: Ars., Chin., Bry., Lyc., Act-sp.,

Sour Eructations after fruit: Chin.,

Fermentation in stomach after fruit: Chin.,

Indigestion after fruit: Chin., Ip., Act-sp.,

Nausea after fruit: Ant-t., Ip., Nat-c.,

Pain in stomach after fruit: Lyc.,

Pain - cramping, griping, constricting - in stomach after fruit: Lyc.,

Fermentation in abdomen after fruit: Chin.,

Flatulence in abdomen from fruit: Chin.,

Pain, aching, dull pain in abdomen after fruit: Coloc., Verat., Calc-p., Chin., Merc-c., Puls., Mag-m.,

Pain, cramping, griping in abdomen after fruit: Chin., Coloc., Puls., Calc-p.,

Pain, cramping, griping in region of Umbilicus after fruit: Coloc.,

Tension in Hypochondria after fruit: Nat-c.,

Diarrhoea after fruit: Ars., Bry., Chin., Coloc., Nat-s., Puls., Verat., Aloe., Bor., Calc-p., Carbo-v., Chln-a., Cist., Crot-t., Ferr., Ip., Iris., Lyc., Mur-ac., 0lnd., Ph-ac., Podo., Rhod., Acon., Ant-t., Calc., Lach., Lith., Mag-c., Rheum., Sul-ac., Trom.,

Diarrhoea after sour fruit: Ant-c., Cist., Ip., Lach., Ph-ac.,

Diarrhoea after sour fruit with milk: Podo.,

Diarrhoea after stewed fruit: Bry.,

Diarrhoea after unripe fruit: Ip., Sul-ac., Aloe., Rheum

Lienteric stool after fruit: Chin.,

I cannot eat raw fruits/some veggies. Try boiling 10 minutes celery, apples, pears and peaches in water covered. This takes away the first sugar that's hard to digest. For crunchy try green beans several varieties, asparagus and carrots.