Hello! My brother has been having problems with high eye pressure for some time. He uses eye drops exactly as prescribed by his doctor but his eye pressure keeps being high. His doctor is not satisfied with his condition and he recommends laser surgery. I don’t know anyone who did LASIK surgery and I don’t know if there are any risks connected to it.

Hello! Laser surgery follows in treatment of high eye pressure if medicines have no effect. The LASIK surgery is very safe but, it is surgery and it carries certain risks as all surgeries. Sometimes a short-term increase of intraocular pressure occurs in some patients and in some patients it can drop too low. There is always a small risk of developing cataract after some type of surgeries which is extremely rare but still possible. Don’t worry your doctor will give you all needed instructions and he will also inform you about all possible risks.