Hello! My child has hydronephrosis and pediatric told me that surgery will help me. I do not know what kind of surgery this is. I hope that you will tell me what they would exactly do to my girl. Will she need to take care of her kidney in the future? Will she has normal childhood? Sorry if I am boring, but I am very concerned mother. Thank you very much!

You should not be worried about this surgery. Surgeon will remove obstruct part of ureter and will reattach healthy ureter to the collecting part of kidney. This surgery is called pyeloplasty. After this surgery, your girl will stay at hospital up to fie days only. I can tell you that this surgery is almost 100% successful. Your girl will have normal childhood.

Hello there,

As jerrome1725 has already explained to you this is nothing to be worried about. I am sure that your doctor didn’t fill you with the details because he was afraid how you are going to react if he explains to you that he is going to remove something from yours little girl body. Most of the mothers would freak about this so I presume this is the reason he avoided to tell you more about the procedure itself.

But be aware that this procedure is going to help to your daughter and that she will improve the quality of her life after this surgery and even have a normal childhood.

Of course she will have to be careful and do the regular checkups as prevention in the future.