Hi, folks. My father has been diagnosed with primary biliary cirrhosis. If I have understood doctor well, this is a form of autoimmune disease that affects liver. I am not sure what life expectancy of this disease is. I hope someone will know to answer my post. Thanks in advance. Bye!

i also have pbc,every one is different so it really is hard to say how lomg any one will live with this disease.there is a group on face book and there are a lot of people who you can ask question to and im sure someone will be able to help you out.

My mother passed away after only three weeks of learning she had this disease. I hope your father lasts longer than she did. Keep his spirits good and make him as comfortable as possible. God bless you

My mother was 68 years old when she was diagnosed in an advanced stage and was given no more than two years to live. But with daily meds she survived for five years. The doctor called her his miracle patient. She may have lived longer than that but passed away from complications after open heart surgery. TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS

My sister was diagnosed with it in about 2000, ad she still is doing well. She hasn't mentioned the symptoms lately, and she has no jaundice that I can see. Her blood work readings are always way out of whack in keeping with the disease, but it does not seem to be worsening.

I have PBC also.  I was diagnosed 2 years ago and I am in stage 1.  My doctor said as long as I take the medicine it will slow the progression of the disease.  My blood work is crazy but it is taken every month.  The symptoms that I have so far is itching, fatigue, bloating.