I would really like to hear some good advice. I am 37 years old, I work in a supermarket, and, unfortunately, I suffer from anemia. It developed gradually, consuming my blood cells slowly. Because of this slow progress, it was discovered late, when my spleen got so enlarged that made me feel pain. That is when I went to a doctor. After several blood tests, autoimmune anemia was my diagnose. Has anyone heard for some alternative therapies for my condition?

Autoimmune anemia is a condition caused by malfunction of immune system that causes our antibodies to see our blood cells as foreign substances. And they tend to destroy all foreign substances. Autoimmune hemolytic anemia is more common to happen to women than men. I assume that you are already taking prednisone. After that, if prednisone does not work, spleen removal surgery is a realistic option followed by immunosuppressive drugs. Plasmapheresis would be something like an alternate way of therapy, it involves blood filtering.