Hi, I have heard that avocados have the highest fiber of any vegetable.

Does anyone have experience incorporating avocado into their diet, and how that's helped them in dieting or digestive health?Thanks 

Hey avocado :P,

Yeah its true enough, if its not the richest its in top 5. The way I eat avocado is just with some lemon, nothing special, just pure taste, maybe paprika (sometimes :)) Lot of people make salads with lettuce, avocado and tomato, but I don't like it. I don't eat it regularly because its kinda rich in fat and lot of people recommend it for weight gain, but its extremely healthy and it has replaced bananas for me, ( all my potassium needs)

Yes they they do contain fiber in avocados

Fiber Content

A 2.5-ounce serving of California avocado – or roughly half an average-size fruit, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture – has about 115 calories and 4.6 grams of fiber. The Florida variety provides close to 90 calories and 4.3 grams of fiber per 2.5-ounce serving, which is about the amount you’ll get from a quarter of an average-size avocado. Although they do fall short of qualifying as a high-fiber food, avocados are still considered a good source of fiber. Whether you prefer the small thick-skinned California Hass or the larger, smooth-skinned Florida Fuerte, you’ll get right around 18 percent of the daily value for fiber from a serving of either.

Yes, avocados are the good source of fiber and other nutrients. They are rich in in monounsaturated fat that is easily burned for energy and helps lower bad cholesterol. Of course, you need to eat them in moderation if you are trying to lose weight or you can even add them to your regular diet as a concentrated source of calories if you want to gain weight.

Avocado's beneficial fiber helps promote healthy digestion.The vitamin C found in avocados also promotes digestive health.Mash avocado and combine it with salsa and lime juice for a quick, guacamolelike dip that pairs well with whole-grain crackers and chopped veggies.

Avocados

Sure, they're high in fat, but avocados contain healthful monounsaturated fat, which has been linked to a reduced risk of cancer, heart disease, and diabetes. "Avocados aid in blood and tissue regeneration, stabilize blood sugar, and are excellent for heart disorders," says Ed Bauman, Ph.D., director of Bauman College. They're loaded with fiber (11 to 17 grams per fruit) and are a good source of lutein, an antioxidant linked to eye and skin health. 

Aside from that I've also taken Co Enzyme Q 10 as CoQ10 is one of the most intensely studied Cardio-protective nutrients. It is shown to act as a powerful antioxidant against free radicals. * CoQ10 is essential for cell respiration, electron transfer, Adenosine Tri-phosphate (ATP) production and the control of oxidation reactions; as a result, it promotes normal cell growth.* This important co enzyme can energize the body because its primary function in cells is in generating energy by intensifying mitochondrial performance. The highest concentration of energy is found on the inner membrane of the mitochondrion, the cells energy source.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use