Hello, I’m trying to lose weight and I’m trying to follow the Colorado diet - I’m currently in a phase two and just starting to increase my exercise time, but to be honest, I got really bored of eating pretty much the same low calorie foods. I don’t think I’ll be able to eat chicken ever again :)

I know I need to include proteins and carbohydrates in my meals when following Colorado diet, but besides chicken and fish are there any other fat burning sources of protein? The same goes for fruit and veggies - are there some fruits or vegetables that would actually have more fat burning potential? Like, is there a reason why cabbage is used for diet soup? All your suggestions for fat burning foods are welcome!

Hi Tams,

it may sound surprising, but one good source of protein is greek yogurt - it has twice as much protein than the regular one, with less fat. And you can add some berries to it which would make it even more efficient in burning calories. Another surprising food that actually promotes weight loss and speeds up your metabolism are hot peppers. All these foods fit perfectly well with Colorado diet.

As far as cabbage is concerned, it's far healthier fresh than boiled because when you eat it fresh you get plenty of vitamin C. I think the cabbage soup only has too little calories and that's why it's in the diet.

Colorado diet pretty much allows you to eat all foods except, of course, junk food, so it shouldn't be too hard to switch up your menu a bit.

One very good protein source that will also give you enough fiber and vitamins is quinoa - you need about one cup of cooked quinoa to get 8 grams of protein. Also, sipping the green tea or even coffee during the day will speed up your metabolism. And if you're looking for something to try curbing your sugar cravings, try berries - they're sweet and don't have too much calories.

Hello everyone,

thanks for replying to my topic :)

It's too bad I can't eat hot peppers because I suffer from chronic gastritis and they would just make my condition worse, but I definitely don't mind drinking coffee and green tea, since I already drink them unsweetened.

Last week I tried one quinoa recipe - vanilla quinoa pudding and it was absolutely delicious, only I used stevia instead of sugar, to lower the calorie count. So far the Colorado diet seems really worth it since I'm steadily losing weight.

If anyone else has any ideas for healthy low-calorie recipes, please, feel free to share!