Hello! I was wondering can someone tell me what are carb blockers and fat blockers. I want to lose some weight, so I was recommended to try with carb blockers and fat blockers. I am not sure what it is as I never used them before.

Carb blockers are generally composed mainly of bean and wheat germ extracts. Those are particularly white kidney beans that are said to inhibit a digestive enzyme that breaks down starchy carbohydrates, such as potatoes, bread and pasta. This supposedly prevents the carbs from being absorbed by the body. Most pills claim to inhibit around 40 grams of carbs from being absorbed. Fat blockers commonly contain chitosan, which is similar to dietary fiber. Chitosan is derived from the exoskeletons of shellfish, so like fiber; they pass through the digestive tract without being digested. It also purportedly absorbs between 6 and 10 times its weight in fat along the way, all of which is then eliminated in the stool.