Lately I am a little confused about this coenzyme Q10 so I need explanation. First I thought it is some substance that we need to make our skin younger. I was thinking this because my mother has few creams with this coenzyme. Then few days ago I have heard it is good for heart and what more. Now I want to clear this question and understand what is coenzyme Q10 actually?

From few years in the past, there has been a steady increase in public interest and awareness of nutritional supplements and vitamins. Coenzyme Q10 is fat soluble vitamin like substance present in every cell of the body. It serves as a coenzyme for several of the key enzymatic steps in the production of energy within the cell. Coenzyme Q10 also functions as an antioxidant which is important in its clinical effects. Naturally it is presented in small amounts in a wide variety of foods. Particularly coenzyme Q10 is high in organ meats such as heart, liver and kidney, as well as beef, soy oil, peanuts, sardines etc. The most common question is if someone should take CoQ10 to stay healthy or to become more robust. Also, question if person with an illness such as congestive heart failure should take CoQ10. I think that anyone knows answer to this question. As with any change in nutrition, medication and diet, CoQ10 should be discussed with one’s physician.