Hello. My sister and I are body builders. Yeah, you read that right. My dad always says he is so proud of us, while our over-feminine mother thinks we look like men. :D She says that her desire to have two girls was never fulfilled. But we don’t mind her. This just wasn’t so popular back when she was young.

Anyway, we are about to start a diet called Reverse diet. Have you ever heard of it?

We would really like to get some recipes from you guys who already tried it. So if you own a recipe or two, please be willing to share.

Hello you two.:)  I feel your pain. I am not a body builder but I have always had masculine type of body including strong biceps and leg muscles. When I was young even my dad forced me to wear skirts and dresses so people wouldn’t think I am a boy.:) Here is a recipe for you-

It is a recipe for Tangy Tofu Smoothie. You will need: two slices of pineapple, one serving  of tofu, eight ounces orange juice, half cup of blueberries and half cup of strawberries. Mix  it all in a blender until it is smooth and that’s it.

You could make an Avocado Dip. You will need:

two ripe avocados,

half cup of diced tomato,

one  teaspoon of hot sauce,

quarter teaspoon of garlic powder,

two tablespoons of snipped cilantro,

1/3 cup of fat free yogurt,

one tablespoon of finely chopped mild green chili pepper,

half teaspoon of dried thyme, crushed,

quarter teaspoon of black pepper,

three tablespoons of chopped green onion

and three tablespoons of lime juice.

First you need to peel and pit avocados. Take  a medium bowl and mash avocado pulp with a fork in it. Now add thyme, yogurt, cilantro, lime juice, chili pepper,  tomato, green onion, garlic powder, and pepper. Mix it until it is well combined. That is all. You can serve it with veggies (optional). 

Here is another idea and the recipe that follows-

Olive Oil and Garlic Pasta Sauce. It makes enough for only one serving, but you can of course double the doses  if you are preparing it for both your sister and you. My mother used to make it for me while I was on this diet and now I make it for my husband.

You need: one teaspoon of oregano, two tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil, one teaspoon of basil, two teaspoons of minced garlic, one teaspoon of parmesan cheese and one teaspoon of parsley.

Take a small bowl and mix all these ingredients until they are smooth. That is all. Enjoy!

Thank you a lot. I love your smoothie Regina_Phalange. We are definitely going to try it. Do you have any other ideas?

And Sam I_am, that Avocado dip sounds delicious. My sister is not so much of an Avocado lover, but she is aware of its enormous health benefits.  So we are trying that too. Or at least I am.

We will have to pass on that Olive oil and Garlic pasta sauce. Neither Alex nor I like garlic so we would probably be torturing ourselves, especially if the taste of garlic comes too strong.

Thank you for all these recipes, we really appreciate it.

Reverse Diet Green Bean Bake. It makes four servings.

Ingredients:

two 1 to 2 inch slices of crumbled tofu,

one 8-ounce bag of frozen green beans,

quarter cup of crushed walnuts,

one medium, sliced and chopped onion,

one teaspoon of minced garlic,

one tablespoons of Parmesan cheese,

quarter cup of sliced almonds,

half teaspoon of thyme,

quarter cup of nonfat yogurt

and four slices of low-fat Swiss cheese.

Preparation:

Before you start, preheat the oven to 350. Mix all the ingredients in medium bowl (except for Swiss cheese). Put it in a casserole dish and top with Swiss cheese. Now all you need to do is to bake it, for about 35 minutes. Make sure it is covered.

And here is another one. It is a recipe for Reverse Diet Honey Dijon Pizzazz Marinade. It makes four servings.

Ingredients needed:

one teaspoon of oregano, one cup of balsamic vinaigrette, one tablespoon of parmesan cheese ,

two tablespoons of minced garlic, half teaspoon of rosemary ,

quarter cup of no-sugar-added honey, one teaspoon of parsley,

1/3 cup of light Dijon mustard, half teaspoon of thyme, one teaspoon of basil, and one teaspoon of black pepper.

All you need to do is to mix all these ingredients in a bowl and pour over the meats. You are supposed to marinate it for three days.