I am trying to determine the number of Weight Watchers points assigned to whole fax seed. I grind three tablespooons per day and use it as part of my diet, but cannot find a list which shows the number of points assigned to it.
Thanks.
Jeff Jochums

One tablesppon of flax seed contains:

35-40 calories
1.6 grams of protein
2.8 grams of carbs
2.8 grams of fat (0.3 grams saturated,0.6 grams monounsaturated ,and 1.8 grams polyunsaturated)
2.5 grams of fiber
3 milligrams of sodium

I use 2 tablespoon daily so It is : 1 point daily!

I hope this helps.

Kathy

Flax seed is full of fiber and you have around 4 grams of fiber per two table spoons of flax seed. And if I am not mistaking you have fewer points if these are a higher amount of fiber involved. Do you eat flax seed for breakfast or of lunch? I know that flax seed has many good properties and it can help your body with many conditions. Have you tried to eat the flax seed that is not grinded? Some people eat flax seed with oatmeal or with yogurt, but I think the best option is to eat it with smoothies. I’ve heard also that the best option to store the flax seed is in the freezer.

That's complete info! Thanks Kathy!...

I buy either the Whole seeds, golden or regular brown, the organic when on sale...and I usually use 2Tbsp daily added to my own cereal concoction..including 1ounce ( 2Tbsp) Bran Buds in 1/2cup Almond milk and slice in a small /med. Apple...I used to also add black strap molasses, 1Tbsp....
Ohh and yes...I use my small Cusinart Spice & Nut Grinder to grind enough flax for a small container for the week and I keep both the seeds and the ground up flax in the fridge...I have a nut drawer!...in place of the deli foods.. The Chia seeds don't need to be ground nor kept in fridge... I have to buy some again!! Get back in the swing of good healthy, energetic eats!! Hemp seeds too! I keep a separate plastic prescription cup( 2Tbsp/ 1 Oz ) with all the little measurements, in each container or bag of whatever's ....convenience....

Yes,thank you very much !!

I grinded and use 3 tablespoons for breakfast with a cup of kefir.I only grinned a small portion

thank you very much Kathy

Thank yu 'misskitty'; I'm thinking of Starting Weight Watchers to try loose over 65lbs (heaven help me (as I know it's gonna be hard)); but I use to do sporadically 2 tablespoon of the Flaxseeds, and had stopped; now I want to start doing again, while on WW (to try lower colestorol (since it's a 'soluble' Fiber (and since for 'whatever' reason, 'Oats' just doesn't agree with my stomach))),.,

So, Thanks so much for this Nice Breakdown, and it's points..

I hope I'll be able to Manage 'WW'..

Not even sure 'which' plan to take (the 'Studio/Digital' one; OR, the 'Personal' Trainer one),,
Also didn't realize WW was so 'Expensive' (was actually a shocker to me); BUT, I NEED to loose this weight, and I was told that WW does work..

Again, Thanks 'misskitty'; and everyone else here, for all Flaxseed 'inFo',,