Hello, I am 34 and was diagnosed with B12 anemia 8 weeks ago. I had my period one week prior to my first B12 shot. I receive a 1 ML injection every other week. Since I began receiving the shots I have now missed 2 periods. I have taken two pregnancy tests with negative results. I have not received any of my usual period symptoms nor have I had any pregnancy symptoms (very similar symptoms).

Can my missed periods be related to the B12 injections? I have been reading information on the internet about B12 Anemia and don't see missed periods as a side effect.

Help!

I'm not sure I'm in the same situation and I talked to a nurse at the Docters office and they said that B12 shots can cause false results in tests

I had the exact thing happen - I am now 3 weeks late and have never been late in my llife!

So, can b12 shots make you miss a period? I have found a lot more stuff online.

Please advise

**this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

I've been getting the injections for 9 months now. And out of those 9, I probably only have 2 what I would call "normal" periods.
Some months I have no bleeding at all, but most months I get by just fine with a panty liner...and I used to be a Super tampon kinda girl.
I wanted to research to see if anyone else was experiencing this. I did the pregnancy tests and so on, but I am not getting any bigger, so I know I'm not pregnant. Must be a side effect with some women.

I started having B-12 injections right before my period was due and I'm now a week late and not pregnant.

I am in the same situation. I never missed period in my life except when I was pregnant. I am taking b12 pills everyday since my doctor suggested some time back. I already past 1 wk for my period. no signs at all. If anyone got answer, Please let me know.

I am also in this same situation. I am 25 and have never missed a period. I am now over a week late and a pregnancy test showed negative results. I have been so stressed out about this situation and would like some advice.

hi, i am 31 and since my second shot of b12 i too have had no sign of my period since nov (its now january) ive taken preg test just to be sure and negative! there must be a link?!

Hi i am 27 and I am on the b12 shot myself I started it no that long ago, but I noticed something very odd though when I got the shot before my cycle had even started I could feel a change like i was more alert but since i have my cycle wasn't a week after i got it i notice i felt very drained and found myself sleeping in alot , im wondering the same thing you guys are wondering, I have checked web sites and came back with no answers if i do get some answers i would gladly share them with you guys'

i am 18 and and in december of 2010 i found out i had a b12 deficiency. 6 months later they still haven't figured out how to dose me yet and never told me about any side effects or symptoms of the shots i was, quite randomly, receiving. i am now 2 weeks late for my period and have never been one to miss a period. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***

since i get the shots in a weird pattern to figure out my dosing, my body would get used to getting them often and them when i didnt get one for say, a month, my body would completely just crumble the day after i would normally get a shot. before i missed my period it seems like my symptoms of the deficiency were getting worse and now that i've missed, even more worse. i dont go for another shot until 12 days from today. i've taken 2 pregnancy tests and got negative those two separate times. i dont really have any of the normal signs of pregnancy and the shots make me lose weight and i'm already very thin. so i know i can't be healthy and you have to be healthy to conceive. im not sure whats going on but i get money they are related. on that website i posted, at the bottom where it talks about it effecting your period, i started getting the other symptoms listed with it in the severe category. i'm pretty worried both for my health and because idk whats going on. hopefully the doctor will have an answer. 

im 20yr of age ive been takeing b12 shots for a while now and my period was just fine and then i didnt start may nor june and its going on july now i have takein 3pee test neg..one blood test neg....and i still think im preg was haveing swollen feet and hands now im all ways hot and dizzy sleepy or just cant sleep dont wanna eat most the time and other prob...but they've looked for other prob theres nuthin so thats y i tarted to think the shots cuz my face has had acne ever sence ive gotin the shots ................

My situation is a little different. I've just been diagnosed as having a B12 deficiency, I've yet to have my first injection but I have missed my last period and I'm approaching the next one with no symptoms, I've done a pg test but it was negative. I'm wondering if the B12 deficiency itself can mask a pg test, or if it can cause your periods to be suddenly  irregular like that?

I was wondering how long it took everyone that mentioned a missed period to get one again I just did 4 weeks of B12 injections and missed my "normally on time" period I'm not concerned about being pregnant because I have the IUD and have been pretty safe so I'm sure there is a connection between the two also the super sleepy extra tired side effect hit me hard so not only my period cycle but my sleep cycle is messed up not to mention hungry probably trying to get energy from food ugh!!!!

I was also a heavy pad/tampon kind of girl with the horrible cramps but all change with B-complex shots. I've been taking B-Complex shots for about 6 months now. I take my shot on the 15th of every month and if I take it later, it affect my period. I have even gotten my period two hours after I get my shot. I am currently 5 days over due and have not taken my shot but will do so tomorrow to see if I get my period. 

what happened? was it really B12? Similar situation. Pls reply.