Few moths ago I have been diagnosed with pernicious anemia. It has caused the B12 deficiency anemia. They have tested me with complete blood count test to determine that. Can you tell me something about my new problem? What the B12 deficiency means? How can I treat it? Thanks for help.

B12 deficiency anemia is a blood disorder. Vitamin B12 helps making the red blood cells. They are important because they are traveling through the blood stream carrying oxygen and removing waste. Without the vitamin and red blood cells many diseases could appear. You will be given the shots of B12 one a day for two weeks, and one every three months after that. Also they will probably give you the pills of B12. You can help by eating the food that contains great amount of this vitamin such as milk, cheese and eggs.