hello,
I may just be paranoid and well maybe not because i am not the type of person that actually mentions anything about my health and really feels pretty blessed to be as healthy as i am. A little bit of history well i have struggled with an eating disorder for most of my life and in the past 2 years have went up and down. I am a lot better now and have my life back on track but that is not the reason of this post, I have been fighting with a vitamin b12 deficiency for a very long time now and i have been working really hard on eating as much alements with that vitamin as possible to not be deficient i have been on supplements for a very long time and well just recentlye have been put on injections on a more regular basis rather than every month it is now every week. In my familly i have a history of Multiple sclerosis although i know it is not hereditary i can't help but wounder i read a bit on the disorder and found information expressing that vitamin b12 deficicency is common in people with MS, i am not old and vit b12 is more common in people that are old i understand my restrictive eating may be at fault a bit but seeings how this paticular vitamin is oen that takes a while to develope a deficiency well it made me wounder about a possible different cause.. does anyone know anything or am i just going insane for nothing.

Just wondering if you got to the bottom of your problem. My sister has MS and I was just diagnosed with a b-12 deficiency, so I am petrified that I also have MS. My symptoms are numbness in the left hand. Please let me know what your satus is. Thanks!

Hi

I know its been a while since your posts but just wondering if either of you made any head way with your problem, Im in a similar situation.

B

Many people diagnosed with MS have a B12 deficiency, which worsens the disease. It seems that many people with or prone to MS have difficulty to absorb vitamin B12. A lack of vitamin D3 is also common.

MS IS hereditary. I mean you have a ten fold probability of getting MS if one of your parents has it compared to an average person. That's a 1-3% chance.

I have a very similar history where I struggled with an eating disorder in eighth grade and then had to be put in a treatment center this winter of my senior year in high school. I continue to struggle with my eating disorder and disorted eating, but apparently that wasn't enough hardship for the year as I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in early April. No one else in my family has multiple sclerosis and I hope that they never will; but keep in mind there are worse things to have than MS. While I was in the hospital the patient next to me was a cancer patient so in my opinion, Multiple Sclerosis is not a bad disease to have. If you are suspicious about having MS you're going to want to have an MRI, that'll be you're first indicator that could point to you having MS. I discovered that I had MS from an MRI after experiencing numbness in my feet which spread throughout my body for 4 weeks. I though perhaps I had pinched a nerve and didn't think much of it but after my MRI the technician said something was seriously wrong and I should be taken to the hospital. I am vitamin B12 deficient so I take a daily supplement as well as vitamin D, and I'm just 18 and have always been very healthy and active, dancing in a ballet company ever since the 5th grade and dancing/taking classes ever since I was two. These things can happen to anyone and chances are that perhaps you do just have a vitamin B12 deficiency, but they think that the damage my anorexia did to my body could've spurred my Multiple Sclerosis; so it's better to have things checked out because if untreated Multiple Sclerosis can cause a plethora of other issues that range from minuscule to something as severe as paralysis. I have lesions on my spine and brain that will never go away and my spine lesion can flare up causing vision blackouts, body numbness, and extreme fatigue, and my brain lesions took away gaps of memory, messed with my focus and scholastics to a point where I almost didn't graduate High School, and have caused me to go on ADD medication. Get it checked out just to be safe, best of luck!