Can anyone help or advise, its been 46 days since my last period i been off the pill 3 mths as trying for a baby, yet i have done 2 tests and both negative, i am starting to suffer from cramp like feelings which started well over 2 weeks ago and still no period just heavy discharge. the discomfort is becoming more iretable as each day passes and its mainly in the evening and when in bed... any advise? ?

I also had gone throught the same thing as you. You most likely are pregnant. Go see your doc early in the morning and have them take another test. If nothing have blood work done.

Leah

Hello...
I am in the same situation as you are... it has been 50 days today since my last period. I NEVER missed a month in my life... my husband and I have been trying for a baby now for over a year! Just as I was going to the doctor to see about fertility pills, this happens! I am after taking 4 home pregnancy test, and all is negative.. Went to the doc on Monday pass, done a urine test, Negative results... I am haveing the same crampings as you are... I do believe I am in child, Nobody knows your body like you yourself.. I'll keep you up to date on how I get on... I hope everything works out for you as well... :)

you should get your doctor to give you a blood test. being so long since you've had a period, you should be able to get very accurate results with a blood test. the blood tests test for the pregnancy hormone hCG, which your body needs to carry a pregnancy. this would be your best bet to know. if that is negative, than it's pretty certain that you are not pregnant. and if you are not pregnant, and don't have a period, than you are not ovulating, and therefore cannot get pregnant. so, it's best to get this blood test in order to fix any problems if there are any. best of luck to the both of you.

I have been off of the depo shot for 8 years. It might be the same for the pills I dont know but after I first got off the shot about 2 or 3 months later my periods became unfrequent. I would have major cramping and sickness but no blood. Some times I would be 2 weeks late. Other times Iit could be a full 6 months late. For the last 2 years I have been tring to have a baby. For the last 2 months I have been discharging milk and having cramps so bad I loose my lunch. I would have a lot of pregnancy symptoms only to find out I was just late. I was having faulse pregnancies. Be careful and give it more time. The medication you took can take any where from 2 months to 10 years to leave your system till you can get pregnate. In extream cases it can also leave you unfertile. Not to scare you but I found out Im one of thoes extream cases. I was only on the shot for 1 year when I was 16 now Im 22. The doctors said because I took it at such a young age they doubt I will ever be able to have a child. That if I ever do have a child it will be a miracle on my part. Dont let this happen to you or anyone you know. If you do have a child later and its a girl dont let her ruin her life. Keep her off of birth control. You have no idea how it feels to be so young and know you can never give your loved one the child they deserve. A child to carry on their name. To know you are the last of your line just beacuse the doctors and society told you to be safe and take the shot or pills. Keep trying but dont be surprised if it takes a while longer. May you have better luck than I did.

regarding the last post Depo is the only form of Birth Control to be known to have these sort of problems....it doesnt work the same way as traditional bc and doesnt even have the same hormones. Conventional BC are very safe and have never been known to affect long term fertility.....I personally feel all sexually active teens should be on the pill....not depo, not even yaz (too new and too many side effects)
The benifits FAR outweigh the risks

i was on the depo shot, I took two shots and my periods have been screwy ever since! I will NEVER let anyone I know EVER take the stupid shot again, my periods were normal and I was healthy before, now I am overweight with very erratic periods!!! I hate it. It has been over 3 years since I got off the shot, and a year since I have had any BC at all, and now it has been 50 days since my last period and I dont know what to do.

Iam a 45 year old and have missed my period going on two months, I had two in June and nothing since is it possible to be preganant? Or maybe just going through the change

I am so sorry to hear about all of your bad experiences since taking birth control pills and shots. I had some of the same results after being put on birth control pills because I had a few pimples. Looking back - this was completely ridiculous - messing around with hormones just to try and get clear skin.

But I have some good news. I went to an acupuncturist/Chinese herbal doctor and now my cycle is completely regular, no more cramps, no more monthly bloating and weight gain, skin is better, lighter bleeding, more energy...

The difference is night and day. I would highly suggest trying it. Many health insurance plans cover some form of acupuncture and even if they don't - it is so worth it to feel better again. You should only need to go for 3-6 sessions. If you are strapped for cash, try searching for community acupuncture, or a local acupuncture school clinic, which can be less expensive.

I am so impressed with my results, I am actually going to start acupuncture school this fall. I hope it works for you and can help you!

i have sort of the same problem! i'm 13 and i have been having periods regularly for a year now and i have had 2 periods in june one the 2nd June and the other 28th June it's now 13th August and i don't know what could have gone wrong and don't worry i haven't had sex because i wear a chastity ring and my mum doesn't know what could be happening if anyone knows anything about this please help me!!!

are you irregular, stressed? There are many things can make you late. Go toyourdoctor and do a blood test to find out if you are pregnant or not

Hello, ive been irregular for years now i went to the doctor and said was diagnosed with pcos (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and he put me on the pill to regulate them as i wasnt startin for months n then id be on for months too. Anyway a year or so later id come off the pill and i was regular but couldnt concieve, went back to the doctors n she said that the pill was still in my system. So maybe if u havent long since come off the pill might be harder for u to conceive as the pill is still in ur system.

Best bet would be to just have a chat with ur doctor, explain u are tryin to get preg, that ur irregular, not long been on the pill etc. they may refer u to the hospital to have ur ovaries checked out if they are irregular but its nothin to worry about, if they do find cysts they can be removed.

Hope this helps anyway

ok well i have not got my about more then a month .. feel sick .. like wana throw up at night ... but i checked myself 2 times and it said negative... i cant go see a doc coz i dont have health care .. any advise?????

Hi my name is sunasia & i am still a virgin :-D but, its been 26 days since my last period & i don't know whats wrong, what could it be?

I have not had a period in about 45-50 days.
I took plan b which promoted that period (that was 45-50 days ago).
I have taken prego tests and they are all negative.
I am typicaly right on time this delay
Am i pregnant or is it a side effect. FYI i have taken these pills before (not often) and my period was within 28-30 days of the menstation caused by the pill