Hi, in the last couple of days, I’ve been having some problems like stomach gases and diarrhea. I went to a doctor, and he sent me to do some tests. It turned out that I have a bacterial overgrowth of the small intestine. He prescribed me some natural antimicrobials. What is this condition anyway, and how did I get it?

Hi, I was diagnosed with a bacterial overgrowth of the small intestine a few months ago. I did a breath test that confirmed my condition. They gave me a drink with lactulose, which shows if there is bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine. If there are bacteria excessive, they will produce hydrogen and methane. I had symptoms like excess gas, diarrhea, and abdominal pain. I also lost some weight. In my case, low stomach acid caused a bacterial overgrowth of the small intestine, but there can be other reasons, like Crohn’s disease, parasite infection, diabetes or intestinal scar tissue. The normal digestive process is disrupted, and it must be treated. One of the options is using natural antimicrobials.

how did they fine out what caused the bacteria overgrowth that you had? my daughter 15 has recently been tested with breath test and has bacterial overgrowth, they say they have never seen a case like hers, she is off the charts. I am so concerned, she is finishing her 2 week of antibiotics and we are having her retested after 10 days but so far none of her symptoms have subsided. I am wondering what will be next and if they will find what is causing this.