For about the last 8 months i have noticed a bit of swelling from my abdominal area. When i am sitting my stomach feels soft, like a bit of fat as i know i haven't had as much exercise as i should and not eating the best diet. When i am standing my stomach sticks out like i'm pregnant (i'm a 26 y/o male) and feels hard, i've also getting some bad stretch marks. i've noticed it gets worse when i eat a large meal or drink alcohol. If i am standing i get quite a bit of discomfort like my intestinal area is pushing against my skin and gets quite hard. If i sit down it releaves most of the discomfort, then a few hours later after a big meal i will go to the bathroom and feel better. I did go to the doctor about 4 months ago as i was getting a sharp pain in my lower left abdominal area and couldn't eat really anything. I had some blood tests and everything was negative. They gave me a medicine for irritable bowl syndrome and a few days later everything was ok with the pain issues. Still to this day i get the above discomfort from large meals and alcohol. The worst i have experienced was about 3 weeks ago i drank 3 beers fairly quickly and my stomach got quite a bit of discomfort, was pushing out and was rock hard. I was standing for a while at the time. I went and sat down for a little while and the discomfort went away quite a bit. I later paced myself with the beer and sat down more. From there the discomfort was gone for the most part. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am experiencing very similar issues except I am a 26 y/o female who works out often. I have spoken to everyone I know and the best diagnosis I have heard so far is a food allergy-perhaps to gluten. I am not sure if this is the culprit, but I am going to watch what I eat closely to see if this affects my bloating. I suggest you do the same and see what happens. I also suggest you drink lemonade with cayenne pepper-the cayenne is an anti-inflammatory and aids digestion. It makes me feel better :-) good luck!

Ever since I had my gallbladder out my upper intestine is extremely sensitive to antibiotics and other medicines which cause them to swell. I just got off a course of prednisone for my sinuses and my upper intestine is still puffy and uncomfortable.

What makes me so miserable is that every time I eat or drink anything I feel full and bloated. I feel best when I first wake (after 8-12 hrs of not eating). My upper abdominal area becomes firm and very uncomfortable after eating too. Going the bathroom gives some relief too.

I think the medicines have my stomach in hyper mode and are causing intense indigestion - but instead of it all coming up as burps - it passes thru to my intestines. Taking 2 anti-gas pills helps (takes about an hour to kick in) - also keeping your intestines more clear. Take a laxative 1-2 times per week and eat light.

I hope this helps. If it does - try to find the cause for the change.

If you still have pain in your left abdominal area - you should have our appendix checked out.

Crohns disease maybe?

I am having simular symptons (bloating, excessive blaoting, edema) and recently went to a holistic nutritionist to identify the problem. She says that an overgrowth of yeast int the intestine can cause bloating and excessive burping as well as pain after consuming alcohol since the yeast are drawn to the sugar in tha alcohol. She has advised me to strictly lower tha amount of sugar and processes food I am eating as well as to take a probiotic supplement daily to help restore balance of good bacteria in my intestine. I have just started with the probiotics but I will post back if they help.

Sounds a lot like what i have. I have parasites.

I have similar issues with abdominal swelling (like I'm pregnant), and intestinal discomfort and pain. I was tested for celiac's disease (gluten) and was negative. However, my GI doctor did a lactulose test to see if I have an abundance of bacteria. And of course, I do. It is called Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO). Commonly mistaken as Irritable Bowel Syndrome. It's worth looking into. He claims there is no cure, just antibiotics for comfort issues. The only thing I disliked about him, doesn't seem willing to find a way to stop it from occurring...just an antibiotic. I've tried to resort to more natural methods, but high sugar and alcohol prevent me from feeling well.

yes its becasue of swelling in intestine we get this type of problems