When I was around 18-19 my mom took me to the hospital to get a scope done to see if I had an ulcer, well I didn't but they did tell me that I had fluid in my stomach that wasn't suppose to be there. They never set me up another appointment to take care of the problem. I was 125 lbs.

Today I weigh 157 lbs and my bloating WILL NOT go away. I have tried exercise workouts and everything to loose it, but its not fat I guess. I am 21 now, and I haven't had insurance since I was 19, so I'm kind of worried that it could be the fluid build up, but I don't know how serious that is?

Some people say their stomach bloads up after they eat, then goes away. Mine is different, it looks like I'm pregnant all the time and I am embarrassed to wear anything that shows it. I have to wear t shirts all the time because people might make rumors. I've been wanting to get checked out, but I do not work and my husband does not have me on his insurance.

I need some information on to what this might be or lean towards. I also have pains sometimes like someone stabbing me. I have had it on the left side and right. I do not go number 2 everyday. I maybe go 2-3 times a week. I also have gas really bad in the mornings. Sometimes it hurts to inhale like a sharp sting (not much though).

I hope its nothing serious like fatal wise. If I really need to see a doctor then I must go. I want this to end, its uncomfortable most of the time, but the doctors around my town and a couple other towns aren't that smart and think I'm fine, so I really need advice on a special doctor or something.

Please help me if you know anything that I might have! Thanks and god bless!

Hi, I'm Alex. Well, bloated stomach can be caused by a lot of things, it can be something harmless, for example a hernia, or something potentially dangerous, even many types of tumors. Where exactly do you feel pain? Well, since it has been lasting for a few years now, I can only presume that it is not something completely harmless. Therefore, I strongly suggest that you go to see a specialist as soon as possible, in order to do a full body examination, run blood tests, give your stool examination because this will tell you if there's any bacteria in your system. 

Good luck with this..I have been battling it for years. It doesn't matter what I eat, how much I exercise or how much water I drink. Always tell me to take a stool softener or I have IBS...I have gone 3 days just on liquid to empty my bowels but still bloated...I even went to the extent of ordering the drink you have before a colonoscopy to clean out my guts..nothing works..only short term. I have even gone gluten free, went without milk products etc etc......I also had an internal ultrasound...I wish you good luck!!!!!

I feel your pain (literally as I am sitting here painfully aware that my stomach is swelling as we speak and I will soon need to unbutton my pants or pull my pants up OVER my belly. I'm not ready to admit defeat and rock the front butt so that's not gonna happen.

The only thing i find that helps my stomach not to bloat it to simply not eat. I mean nothing. but who can do that for any sustained amount of time? But there is one thing i tried a couple of years ago. i was feeling really ill, like my body was toxic. I just knew I needed to do something so I went and had a colonic irrigation. it toally cleans out your system - air, digested and undigested food. But it is expensive to get done. it cost me $65 bucks. I liked how I felt afterward but I was disturbed that the techinician kept coming into the room and trying to talk to me while I was essentially have a bowel movement. It felt like I needed privacy.

But you can always try an at-home enema bag. Looks like this.
***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Not as easy to do on your own but it works. You have to absolutely fill your colon with water over and over again until you can feel it basically almost go all the way to your stomach and you start seeing food that hasn't even digested yet.

There are also at home colonic irrigation kits you can buy. They are expensive. I haven't bought one yet but I hope to very soon. Check it out.

I know it seems gross, but if you're trully desperate you'll try anything. i gave up bread, Gluten, Soda's, raw veggies. I can't give up much more.

Anyway, I hope this helps. :)

Ok I have been having all sort of problems with bloating 24/7 like I'm 6 months due. What I did was I got detox, drink lots of water, and make sure I'm not constipated and go when I have the urges to. It's best if you have 1 bowel movement a day.  I'm using at the moment "Clean as a Whistle" and it seems to help things going. My health have improved and my whole digestion feels great and clean. I have only used this for a couple of days which caused me to have a bowel 2-3 times a day which is a sign it's working. I totally recommend taking this as it is decreasing my bloated tummy. Anyhow i hope this helps. Don't take if you are allergic to laxative or have liver diease etc. I got it from a family member so I guess they got it from Dr. Herb's Herbs.

I have what sounds to me to be the same symptoms as you. I recently got back from Mayo Clinic in Rochester and they diagnosed me with Bacterial Overgrowth in my small intestine. They had me take a breath test in order to see where my hydrogen and methane levels where sitting. A normal person rests between 3-4 mine were at 55-66 for the methane so they knew I had a large amount of bacteria creating air in my stomach. This often results from antibiotics which mess up your normal bacteria equation and bad bugs can sometimes take over. Normal doctors wanted to just tell me I had IBS but Mayo assured me that was not the case. Now the antibiotics Mayo gave me to kill the bad bugs worked temporarily but as soon as I started eating normally the bloating came back. So I researched for days what might be causing the bugs to cling on in my gut and came up with INTESTINAL CANDIDA OVERGROWTH. It is a yeast build up in the intestines that can cause a wide range of symptoms which I had almost everyone. The bacteria cause the bloating but you can't kill them till you kill the yeast. NYSTATIN and FLUCONAZOLE kill the yeast. Doctor shop till you find one who will work with you on this most won't. The medication has barely any side-effects but doctors for some reason don't see this as a disease but it is I assure you. I'm on the beginning stages of treatment and it seems to be helping. Also you have to change your diet temporarily. No sugar, grains, alcoholic beverages ect. Meat and vegies are your diet. Feel free to email me for further questions....

***post is edited by moderator *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Take care.

Thank you for this answer. APRNs (I can't get an appointment with a doctor) keep telling me that I have IBS, but there is nothing in particular that irritates my stomach. I eat hardly anything- just fresh fruits and non-cruciferous veggies. I drink plenty of water, including teas. I am always bloated (for months, now) and uncomfortable. IBS medications have not done anything. I am going to mention the bacterial overgrowth as an option. I'm thinking possibly thyroid problem, too?

I have bloating too and I was diagnosed with gastroparesis

I know your post is old, but I am wondering- did you ever find help? I am having this problem and nothing is working.

It might be that there is a fibroid possibly in the stomach pressing on things and then it distends or you need to take enzymes that may help. Hope this helps

i have the same problem with bloating no matter what I eat.

Can I ask how you got on with the candida diet?? Did it help?

OMG, I'm having the same bloating issue. I've been seeing my Gastro doctor and twice he treated me with antibiotics that don't work. I look pregnant most of the time and I too, hide it under an over sized shirt. I Googled "how to treat" bloating and distension and came across an article saying IT IS A CHALLENGED TO CLINICALLY TREAT the problem :(

Are we permanently bloated?

What's that??Please explain

I think I have this same problem... I was taking probiotics to help with my intestines ?