I have gas a lot, and not just becasue I am lactose intolerant. I also , for the last 6 weeks or so, have become irregular, with soft stools and occassional diarrhea. I eat very healthy, whole grains and fruits often, and I do not think it is my diet, since there has been no change. What could it be?

I am having the same problem! Past few days, it is yellow stools, a cramping in my stomach each time i each, as though a build-up of gas, and it smells foul, and is almost liquid. Another forum seemed to indicate that it might be due to malabsoption of fat. Are you taking any anti-fat pills? I took some Xenical several days before this started happening, but preivously on Xenical, never experienced this... only experienced oily orange discharge, but this time, it is almost like mustard .... I don't think it is related to fat malabsorption. I have been under a lot of stress. It might be bile related.

Has anyone of you found out what the problem is?

**edited by moderator**

Hello To All,

I have had "stomach/digestive problems" since 2006. I am a 45 year old female and I've had IBS for about 20 years. But in 2006 different things started to happen. So, I went to a Gastroenterologist. I had a colonoscopy and an egd. He told me it was just more symptoms of the IBS. But, I knew it wasn't. My new symptoms were extreme gurgling and rumbling of my stomach/intestines, foul smelling stools, more constipation and diarrhea, extreme episodes of gas. I was so tired all of the time. And the gurgling was so loud and so embarassing, I couldn't control it. I bought every over the counter product available for gas, NOTHING could phase it. I told him I felt like I had an infection of some kind. He assured me I didn't. I told him when I would go on BACTRIM (an antibiotic) for sinus, it would be better for a while. He assured me that didn't make sense, I just thought it was better. ????? He did all kinds of tests, only because I inssited. I tested negative for cdiff, parasites, h-pylori, celiac disease, but tested positive for white blood cells and occult blood, so something was going on. But, he contributed this to IBS. Well, I realized it was time to go to another Gastro, but I did not have high hopes. I did not say anything bad about the first doctor to the new Gastro, that's one thing you don't want to do, if you want a Doc to take you serious. I simply told the new Doc I was at the end of my rope, I have suffered for 4 years now and desperately needed help. He wanted to do a urine test, yes a urine test. Well, I tested positive for INDICANS, an overgrowth of bacteria in the small intestine. Yes, this is detected by a simple urnine test. I was treated by 10 days of Xifaxan (antibiotic) 1000mg a day, then Erythromycin (antibiotic) 125mg a day, for 90 days. I'm better now, but it took 4 years and thousands of dollars, and I work in the Medical Field. This disease is called S.I.B.O. Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth. I'm hope this helps someone. You have to be persistent and take your health in your own hands. Good Luck!

Thank you very much this additional information.

I have intestinal disorder of the last 10 years and in those years I lost more than 30 pound and spend tens of thousands of us dollar. Thanks to God last month I found real answer about my stomach problem on this site, after I started my medication I gain ten pound within 30 days and I am free of bacteria that invaded my intestinal of that last ten years. When I visited different doctors in different countries including US and UAE, they used told me that I have IBS, gastrointestinal problems and stomach disorder, those doctors prescribed me medicine that never helped on my problems and I knew that they don’t understand my sickens even though they claim they have knowledge to treat my problem. After intensive search I finally came cross the real answer to my long and painful stomach problem I am taking Erythromycin [antibiotics] three months with 250mg. When these bacteria invaded in the small intestinal they block half of the small intestinal and that is causing most of undigested foods to pass quickly and dump into large intestinal, after dumping undigested and acidic foods into the large intestine. The large intestine is inflamed and that inflammations causes what we call today IBS, the reason is that all undigested foods will Couse inflammation and cannot cope so it gets more inflamed and rejects contents via diarrhea which causes more problems in the colon.

hi, i m suffering from the same symptoms as u mentioned above. i have sinus from 1998 n from that time im using xylometazoline hydrochloride solution( may be this is the side effects)... but from 2006 suddenly my stomach behaving very badly getting loose stool most often. i went for many doctors gone through many test like endoscopy, colonscopy, many blood test,stool test butthey did't find any problem. i am happy to see your post n wan to ask how you cure your sinus?

so how did you get rid of the problem?

Dear Madam, Thank you for your useful post, please can tell me which number of day did you feel better thru the 90 days of your treatment of the Erythromycin. I am having the same symptoms,gurgling,rumbling even some times i can hear like sloshing water in my intestine, discomfort feeling like there is a rock in my stomach,diarrhea.I had this problems for over 2 years and now i am taking anti-depressant medication. Please help me and tell me if that kind of treatment is useful and will get rid of all my suffering problems. Thank you.

Thank you for sharing your information with us. Are you alright now? Please let us know. Thanks again.

Thanks for the too much SI bacteria!

Thank you for your post. I, too, was diagnosed with SIBO after suffering for about 4 months and losing weight. It was very frustrating! I did the hydrogen breath test and they had the results immediately, but nobody told me! I had to call back after TWO WEEKS to be told that it was SIBO. I took Xifaxan for a month and it helped. However, SIBO returned again the following year. I see in your post that you and I both had sinus infections and took antibiotics. I'm seeing a connection there. I go to the Dr. next week and I hope he can help. I don't want to lose weight and take a long time suffering while I wait to find out what I have. And, I don't want them to do invasive tests if they can just give me a urine test! I had never heard of that! Thank you for your post! You made me feel better!

You mean a urine culture???will a urin culture at the lab show this???

I'm getting tested for SIBO next month which is my last hope. I'm hoping something comes up. I done all kind of tests ct scan, colonoscopy, endoscopy, stools tests, blood tests tested for everything came back normal. I tested for h pylori, celiac disease and candida everything normal. For a while Doctors thought I had cancer because I lost weight quickly and unintenionally within two months but then the other 2 1/2 months I gain that weight back and much more. I had this symptoms for 8 months which are burping after eating anything, and farting after I eat or an hour after non stop, I feel tired and have back aches. I feel like I have the flu symptoms on and off like body ache and tired. I have direhea sometimes and my stools are always loose sometimes yellow color others light brown color and bulky stools that has undigested food. I thought I had lack of bile but ct scan showed no obstructions and billiruim blood tests have been normal. Also I urine frequently. Doctor just say it's ibs. I feel like my food isn't been digested correctly. Any advice would appreciated. Thanks.

I forgot to mention I have stomach gurgling all day and especially in the morning when laying on my back. It was so bad before I couldn't sleep and gases all night and went away somewhat after the colonoscopy preparation cleanse and gaining weight. But I still feel it and hear gurgling in the mornings. I don't have stomach ache or pain after taking xifaxan for a week a while ago, but my stomach looks like im pregnant i sometimes feel bloated.

I have all these symptoms too including; loss of weight and left lower back pain. Please what type of tests can I do for better diagnosis. Thanks