I have always used bactrim for urinary infections that affect me often. It seems that I have very sensitive urinary system and as I try to be very careful, I often suffer cystitis. I have tried with cranberry juice, but it didn’t work for me. Two weeks ago I had to take antibiotic again because my symptoms started. I took bactim, but it didn’t help, there were no results within 4 days of therapy. I have recognized that the symptoms were same as always, but this time there were no results. What else to take, do you think that this time it is more complicated infection?

I think that you developed resistance on bactrim. As you said that you used it often, resistance is normal consequence of prolonged usage of one antibiotic. You should make an antibiogramm, test that shows sensitivity of bacteria in your system on several antibiotics. You’ll probably have to switch on ciprobay. You should take care not to use antibiotics that often. Try with herbal blends with bearberry; cranberry can be effective in prevention of re-infection, it can not cure it.