Hi, lately I have pain during urination. Is it sign of an infection? How can I prevent reoccurrence of urinary infection?

Hi, actually pain during urination as well as itching and burning are all symptoms of an infection. If you have frequent urinary infections, then you need to pay more attention to this question. Have you been taking antibiotic therapy for treatment? I suppose you were given some Bactrim, Norfloxacin, Ofloxacin or other common UTI medication. The chances of having a UTI increases with age, as people become more sensitive to health disorders. Specially, if you need to urinate more often, it is even more annoying. Some bladder disorders, kidney stones and urethra problems are also related to painful urination.

Hello there,

If you are having uti problems than you will have to do more than just taking antibiotics all the time.

First of all you need to talk to your doctor about some preventative measures. He will probably have some additional ideas except giving you a course of antibiotics like he usually does. But you must be sure that you take all the course of antibiotics because sometimes UTI is reoccurring bc+ecause we avoid to drink the medications once we don’t feel the symptoms anymore.

Some of my friends are using cranberry products, such as cranberry juice and cranberry tea, and they are claiming it is very helpful and that it reduces symptoms and reoccurrence of UTI. I hope this helps.