HI! I’m suffering from frequent urinary tract infections for few months. I begin to be desperate. I’m using antibiotics but infection always returns. I have a constant pressure to my bladder and usually have painful urination. Does anybody knows are there any useful OTC products for UTI? Give me some advice, please! Thanks!

Hi! I also have a huge problem with UTIs and I also have used several different antibiotics for it. They didn’t help me a lot. Since last week I started to take over the counter a product called Azo to relieve pain. I feel better now. I also continue to use antibiotics and drink a lot of cranberry juice.

I had the same problems last year. I was sick all the time and urinary tract infection was reoccurring very often. I was prescribed with the Bactrim but it seems that this didn’t help that much.

But my grandmother has brought me a cranberry tea and somehow I believe that it helped me to heal although I wasn’t stopping using Bactrim. My grandmother also claims that I should drink this all the time to prevent future infections of urinary tract.

The only reason why I haven’t stopped using antibiotics was my fear of getting kidney infection since I have heard it can happen. And I am avoiding sex because this also was reason for one time when my UTI reoccur after therapy.

Hi, even though this post is 5 years old, I thought I would reply for anyone who might read it today. Antibiotics cause a vicious cycle killing the bad and good bacteria so you constantly end up with recurrent infections. I did this cycle of misery for years myself until I got fed up and looked for alternatives. the most basic and by far the best is to drink daily 100% cranberry juice--unsweetened and fresh pressed from Whole foods like Lakewood Brand for example or any other one-if you can find the NOT from concentrate you are doing well. the other item that helped me tremendously is a D-mannose powder extract. this are both super proactive ways to control the bacteria BEFORE it multiplies into a nightmare bladder infection--this has worked for me and I hope it helps--

Couple things I've learned over the years. Drink a spoonful of baking soda and water on first sight of symptoms. Avoid sugar and for me tea of any kind (hot or cold) sodas.. Also smoking, I'm a smoker but during a uti I've noticed when its really bad that cigarette makes it worse so while your symptoms are bad try to cut back. After the baking soda and water, I usually have to force myself to drink about a gallon of water mixed with cranberry juice, the 100% juice, the real bitter stuff. Then I take D Mannosse you can find it at a vitamin store, its kinda expensive bout 20 bucks but it'll get you thru many utis to come so look at it as an investment. Also the azo pills for pain are a must have. At least for a day or two. I cld care less what color my urine is.. They have saved me quite a bunch. Then just heat, and ride it out. If it lasts longer than a few days def call your doc, or if theres blood in your urine, or fever. It doesn't matter if you took axo pills or not when theres blood in your pee you'll know it. Also take the actions above, pee after sex, even wash, hot rag, whatever avoid cokes and lots of tea figure out what is making it flare that's the best thing you can do!