hello....my & my husband had sex a few hours before I started my period...everything was normal during my period except I had terrible cramps I had never experienced before my period was 5 days long & out of those 5 days the 1st 3 days I had these terrible cramps...a day after my period I had sex again 2 days later I have really bad back pains & my breasts are really tender they hurt so much...can I possibly be pregnant????.....thanks for your help in advance :)

Hi Gry,

There is always a chance of pregnancy but the timing was not good in this case.

You want to have sex just before you ovulate.  In a 28 day cycle that would be between days 11-16 or so.  Sperm can live up to 5 days, the egg is only viable about 48 hours.

After the 48 hours, it is unlikely that you'll get pregnant.  Before your period you were likely near day 28 of your cycle.

After your period, you had a better chance.  You had sex on day 8 or so but it may be a bit early.

Cramps, back pain, and even tender breasts are not specific enough to indicate pregnancy.  

Hope it helps.