Hi there, im rather confused and need advice.. Okay so I started my menstural period on the 2nd march.. It ended on the 5th March.. I had sex on the 5 6 7 8th (unprotected). On the 12th I had the tinyest bit of brown blood.. So on the 13th and 15th I did a pregnancy test and both were negative. I'm due for my next period on the 29th.. I did another pregnancy test the Thursday just gone which was the 21st it was negative.. Anyway I had sex on the 20th,21st and 24th.. Just wondering what are my chances of been pregnant? Please I need advice :-)

Hi Lacie,

Day 1 of your cycle was when your period started, 2 March.

You had sex on days 3, 4, 5, and 6.  It was early, there was no egg.

Normally you won't ovulate until between days 11 and 16 of your cycle.  Sperm can survive about 5 days.

You then had sex on day 18, 19, and 22.  Likely to late, the egg is only viable about 48 hours.

There is always a chance of pregnancy with any sexual contact.  You did not have sex near your peak fertility.

Hope it helps.

But I had sex on the 8th and if I ovulated around the 13th and sperm lives up to 5 days then isnt there a slight chance? Does everyone ovulate around that time? My periods aren't regular you see.. I normally bleed before I should be due and I have sore breasts but lately I haven't had sore breasts and my areolas are dark! I have had a sort of runny discharge:-/ but also period pains and im due on the 29th.. I have gone off some foods buy dont know if that's mind games! Please reply soon :-)

As I said Lacie, there is a "slight chance." You did not have sex near your peak fertility. Even when everything is "perfect" the odds are only about 1 chance in 5.

Being irregular will change things. How much, I can't say.

If you knew EXACTLY when you ovulated, it would help. There are test kits available.

You can test for pregnancy as early as 2 weeks, 3 would be better, after having sex. Use your first morning urine for the best accuracy.

Hello, I am three days late for my period now, sore nipples slight cramps and slippy clear discharge :-/. I took a test on the 30th because I was a day late.. It came back negative. I'm wondering what's going on :-S please reply soon

It's still early Lacie, wait until you are about 7-10 days late. If that happens and no period, retest.

Being irregular can change things.

Did you use your wakeup urine? It is VERY important to do so for the best results.

Yes it is early. And no I always do it mid day which isnt good I guess.. Next time I will do it as soon as I wake up. Thankyou.

Hi, I am now 9 days late.. In September I had vitamin B12 injections at the doctors.. They checked me for permicious anemia (dont know quite how to spell it) anyway I was clear of that.. So I had them done.. Had my implant taken out in janurary(18th).. Had two periods but in Jan I had my normal bleed then I think in the feburary I had a normal period but had another bleed aswell.. Then had a regular period in the march (2nd-5th) as you well know. Well im wondering could it be due to iron that I haven't had another period? Even though I had my injections and had normal periods after the injections and after having the implant removed. I'm just so confused the fact of I haven't had a period since 2nd march and my breasts are so sore.. I'm having what feels like period pains but nothing is happening.. When I have been doing pregnancy tests they have been cheap ones :-/ does that make a difference? I am peeing more and sometimes I feel like my bladderis so full and needs to be emptied but when I go not much comes out as I thought this happens more on a night. I have been getting a little heartburn but that could be due to anything. I am so confused I know I should wait but its been nine days now and normally my body won't go that long without a period but I don't have strong signs of pregnancy. Could the implant still be in my system? Could I now be infertile? Why are my breasts so sore and having strong period pains without a period? Is that possible with low iron? Please get back to me and tell me as much information as you know. Thankyou. All feedback from anyone will help!

Hi Lacie,

Don't use the cheap tests, they're cheap for a reason. Try at least ONE good quality test.

Yes, anemia (or low iron) could cause problems with your menstrual cycle.

Sometimes things can also take a while to settle back down after removing the implant.

I'd suggest your next step be a trip to the doctors to find out why you haven't had your period.

Good luck.

Hi, I got my period on Saturday.. I am starting to come off now.. When would be the best time to have sex and try concieving? Would been late for my period have effected my ovulation process? I was very stressed at the fact of trying to get pregnant, I think that's why I went wrong.. Please any advice will be helpful.