I am 29 years and my husband and I are trying to conceive. I have (average) a 31 day cycle, which means I would have ovulated around 8th-9th Jan. I can also tell when I ovulate because I get strong cramps. This happens every month. Anyway, my husband and I had intercourse on 6th and 7th Jan. Just wondering if there is a high chance I could be pregnant? I know its early but a couple days ago I started to get lower abdominal pains and my breasts feel really tender, swollen and sore. They also feel really firm too.
I took a pregnancy test first thing this morning and got a BFN. My period isn't due to start around 21st Jan. The test I bought said I could try 7-5 days before a period.
Just wondering, could my tender, firm breasts be an early sign of pregnancy? Did any of you have really early symptoms, 5 dpo? Or am I just wishful thinking?
I am now 6 days past ovulation.
Thanks in advance. :-)

Technically you are not even pregnant yet, if you did concieve it will take longer than 6 days for a positive to show up. You can get a positive about 4-5 days before a period is due, this would be awhile after ovulation.

Pregnancy symptoms do not occur until a pregnancy test is positive, it is hcg that causes the morning sickness AND the positive test.

Thanks for your reply. :-)
It's just weird that my breasts started hurting a few days ago and my period isn't even due until next Sunday (21st).
I am a little confused about conception. Does it occur the day of ovulation? I had intercourse approx 2 days before ovulation. (last weekend)

Conception is a process, it can take a full 48 hours to occur. Sex 2 days before ovulation CAN get you pregnant, but it would have been better to have sex 2 days before, then the day of ovulation.

Conception does not cause pregnancy symptoms, after implantation occurs and HCG is excreted, then you get all the symptoms.

Sore breasts so close to your period could be PMS, due to hormonal chnages that occur when an egg is not fertilized.