I am 34 old, female .I had Escherichia coli two months ago. I had great problem to get rid of bacteria. But it seems now that E. coli caused development of the Bartholin cyst. It is painful and swollen, walking and even sitting is painful. I want to know what is a medical treatment for Bartholin cyst and if surgery is needed.

A Bartholin cyst can be develop when the duct exiting the Bartolin glands becomes blocked, and those gland are located at the entrance to vagina, one each side. Medical treatment for a small Bartholin cyst consists of sitz baths and antibiotics to cool of infection and if it is large and painful the treatment is drainage. Once you cooled off the cyst follows procedure called marsupialization, which is usually done in an outpatient surgical setting. An incision is made into the skin over the cyst and then down through the cyst wall that how fluid will be drained and lining of the cyst wall will be sutured to the overlaying skin in a way as to create a permanent drain site.