I have 1 small pimple like bump near my clitoris, I have popped it, and now it is very sore. I haven't had any new partners in 5 months. I also was tested for most STD's at my last yearly in Sept. Everything was normal. I don't have any reason to worry about herpes, but I have never had anything like this before. I have read online about genital pimples. Could this be what I am experiencing, and if so, when do you spend the money to see your OB/GYN? I have also read about people having these come back, and if it comes back, is that the time to see my doctor?

Did you ever get the answer to this question, because I'm in the same boat as you and this is the second time its appeared..

I am having a similar problem, I have had this before and it went away, but this time it hurts a little bit more than it did before.

I believe it is just a deposit of some kind. It went away last time after wearing looser fitting clothing, and cotton underwear

Everyone has a reason to worry about herpes, anyone with cold sores that participate in oral sex can get herpes genitally. Which means whoever you are sleeping with guys or girls, you must worry about herpes. And most guys don't actually show symptoms of herpes. Be safe, if you end up with a similar bump go to the doctor and have it swab tested for STD's even if you have already been tested for STD's.

There are several hormonal imbalances, as well as diabetes and just wearing tight clothing that can cause these bumps to form. It is hard to find information on them and an embarassing subject. wearing loose clothing and underwear that breathes is important. taking frequent hot baths and keeping the area extra clean helps. it is better to let them go away on their own for the same reason popping other pimples frequently makes them worse.

Hey everybody, I got the same thing & my doctor said it might be cos i have a bit too much skin on my clit (like a boy would have too much skin on his glance). he said he could remove it but that my clitoris would be more sensitive to infections. so now i just try to wear boxers instead of thongs & Ph neutral soap & it helps. but i still have it sometimes (like now) & i must say its a horrible pain.
xxx

Hey everyone, the first time this happened to me, I went to my family doctor and she just nicked it with a scalpel and basically squeezed all the puss out like a pimple. Ive been tested for all STDs not long ago, and everything was ok, no new partners either. I tried to pop it myself this time, seeing how it went away when my doctor did it, but if I can give you guys any advice, don't pop it yourself! It just hurts more now. I didnt notice the first time, but this one I got the day after I went snowboarding for the first time this year, so I think it could be related to sweating and wearing constricting clothes. I'm going to see my doctor again next week so I'll keep you posted if I find out anything new. Glad to know I'm not the only one with this issue.

What you are suffering from is called a Bartholin Gland Cyst. Bartholin glands are located around the vaginal openings and in the folds of the vagina. The purpose of these glands is to provide a small amount of moisture to the inner labia through a duct. Usually unable to been seen or felt, in the event that a blockage occurs in a bartholin gland duct the result is a backup of fluid resulting in a red, painful mass. These cysts usually require no treatment and should disappear over the course of 3-4 days.
If the cyst has not gone away on its own, or is formed around a hair follicle, the cyst may become an abscess (boil) if an infection occurs. The mass will be very painful and filled with pus. If this occurs you should consult your doctor, who may drain the area using a needle, make a small incision to drain the area, or prescribe antibiotics. These can grow to the size of a chicken's egg, so if after 3-4 days (since infection is present) the abscess is not gone, you need to seek treatment.
Bartholin cysts usually occur "out of the blue" in women in their late teens or early 20's. It is common for them to reoccur periodically, and eventually cease over time. There is rarely and underlying condition and is not dangerous, however they can be an indication of STD infection and in a very small amount of women ( approx. 1/1,000,000), Batholin Gland Cancer.

You may be suffering from what is known as a Bartholin Gland Cyst. In women, bartholin glands are small gland located around the vaginal opening and in the folds of the vagina. They are not visible to the eye and cannot be felt. The purpose of these structures are to provide a small amount of moisture to the inner labia via a duct. In the event that a blockage occurs in the duct, fluid may begin to back up and form a hard, painful, red bump. This is a batholin gland cyst. In most cases, the bump will disappear on its own over the course of 3-4 days. If it does not go away, it is best to seek medical treatment to avoid the area becoming infected.
If the cyst does not go away, or is located around a hair follicle it may become infected. If this occurs, it is known as a bartholin gland abscess. The area will become more painful and hard, and will contain a core of pus. In a small number of cases the abscess can grow to the size of a hen's egg. The abscess needs to be seen by your doctor, who will treat it by draining it using a needle or small incision and may prescribe antibiotics.
Bartholin cysts are a common problem, occuring in approx. 1/50 women and are generally not dangerous. There is usually no underlying cause, but in a small number of cases it could indicate the presence of certain STD infections. In a very minute number of cases (approx. 1/1,000,000) it may indicate Bartholin Gland Cancer.
If you suffer from this condition it is likely you will have them periodically, but the frequency normally decreases and eventually ceases over time. There is not many preventative measures that can be taken. The best advice is to wear cotton underwear for air adequate air circulation, wipe fron to back (always!), and maintain good hygiene.

Bartholin cysts typically occur on/near the lips of the vagina, not the clitoris. I've had five bartholin cysts turn into abscesses now. Let me tell you, not a fun ordeal. This definitely doesn't sound like a bartholin cyst. I found a pimple-like bump on my clitoris today and popped it. I think it might be more likely to be related to tight clothing or sweating.

"Regardless of your personal hygeine habits, pubic pimples can appear. Sometimes they appear around the time of your menstrual cycle. Some people get pimples from wearing underwear that is too tight, causing friction in the area. They can be a result of excessive sweating during hot weather or sports activity. It can also be an allergic reaction to soaps/lotions.

They are found in the pubic area and are most often red and irritated. They can be hot to the touch or even itchy. It is common, however, for a yellow or white pus to be discharged from the pimple. If it is odorous, see your physician, as it is infected. If they itch, use cortizone cream.

Occasionally, pubic pimples are a sign of Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD). Generally, most pubic pimples will disappear in a few days. However, if they are in fact a result from an STD, they will not go away without medical treatment. It could be a yeast infection, genital herpes or syphilis.

Use a loofah or washcloth to clean the area of its oils (make sure you use soap). If you are wearing underwear that is too tight, find some better fitting ones. If you find that you sweat a lot, use baby powder to capture the moisture."

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Hi
I know you said you were tested and have not had any new partners>
and you may not think it is herpes> i read most of the time outbreaks do not start occurring till at least 6 months or longer> if you had it prior and have been tested herpes does not show up positive unless it is during an outbreak (pimples /sore) . it could take a long time to determine whether or not it is.. if it comes back it very well could be
get checked while the pimple is there and they will swab it

I have something similar and I'm a virgin so I don't even know how I could have gotten it and it hurts like hell. I'm scared to ask a doctor about it because I don't want my mom to freak out and assume that it's from sexual activity.

This could be an HPV genital wart. Get it checked! HPV can take up to a year to show itself, hence it doesn't matter if your last partner was 5 months ago. Good luck!

Omg... I am so thankful for this.... I am 13 and got this soon after the first time I had sex and i popped it... I think it was just a pimple.... I hope it was because my mom can't know I had sex. And I sure as hell don't want to have an STD!!!!

I was in the shower the other day and I found a pimple inside of my vagina kind of close to where the vagina starts. I popped it and it wasn't and still isn't painful. Now it is gone. There is still a tiny tiny bump under the skin where it was but yea. I was really tired yesterday but got better that same day. I still have a sore throat though. What is it?