heyy i just had drainage of my bartholin cyst and have a word catherer... the pain is much betterr however urinatingggggggg is painfulllllllll nd i dont know wut to do

Hi! I'm sure the OP's problems are resolved by now, but incase anyone else happens across this site looking for relief. I was having the same problem. My Dr. suggested that I keep a bottle of water in the bathroom. When you have to pee, pour the water on yourself before you start and then for a few seconds after you're finished. The water will dilute the urine and make it MUCH less painful to pee.

Hope that helps someone else!

Hi there,

Since many of us don’t know this I have the need to write it down,  Bartholin's glands are located on each side at the opening of vagina. These glands are responsible for lubrication of vagina. It can happen that the openings of these glands  become obstructed and the result is  usually painless swelling which is called a Bartholin cyst.

Sometimes this condition can get complicated and infected and it can become more painful.

A Bartholin cyst is very common condition so sometimes treatment isn’t complicated at all. First of all this depends on the size of the cyst, the pain and whether the cyst is infected.

Usually home treatment is all you need but in other cases (such is yours) drainage of the Bartholin cyst is necessary. 

Thank you I am going to try this. It hurts sooo bad to urinate!

I just had my bartholin abscess surgery yesterday, omfg i know how u feel when urinating. Its hurts so much, what helps me is i put warm compress after urinating.

Thank you so much for this too. Oh my God I needed it right now