i need help please, i just finished my periods, and after two days i experienced a pimple just new the lip of my Virgina. up to now its still growing. Could it be something serious? the pimple seems to be growing into a boil. its starting to be painful. please help.

Please keep me anonymous.

Health Guru
hi, where exactly is this pimple/boil that you have?

It is near my virgina

.

Health Guru
I take it you mean on your labia majora near your vagina entrance, or inside you labia minora next to your vagina entrance?

just near my vagina entrance, yes.

What could be the matter, please help.

it seems like it's herpes.

Need i see a specialist to make sure its that?

Health Guru
is it just 1 you have or several?

its just one. i have experienced this before but on a different area of my vagina. And it usually comes after attending my periods.

Health Guru
I would say it has nothing to do with herpes and is more likely to be either a boil or bartholin cyst what forms in the bartholin glands that is to either side of your vagina entrance. If you go to google and search bartholin cyst then in on images your see where to find the gland and what the cyst looks like and if you look on wikipedia for it then it will tell you how to treat it. If its a boil just put a hot compress on it and it should bring it to a head.

thank you for that information its been very helpful.

Health Guru
your welcome and good to know it was some help :-)