I recently went to the ENT Doctor for what I thought was a cyst on the left side of my ear just above my jaw. I first noticed it when I had dental xrays done about a month ago, upon my visit though they found that it was some type of calcium build up on my parotid gland, but they couldn't really tell me if it was a stone or a tumor, or why it has calcium on it, or how it was caused, so I was wondering if anyone had anything similar to this or what would be the cause on this should I get a second opionion, worried it may be something more serve, what doctor should I see?

I had the same problem, My parotid glands had swollen and I was not in any pain but they were warm to the touch. After i was on anibiotics for one month. I had to go back and they did a series of blood work followed by a Salvary gland biopsy. later I was Diagnosed with Sjogrens Disease which is an autoimmune disease of the salivary glands....If you also have trouble swollowing, and have dry mouth or eyes you may want to ask your ENT if this is a possibility.....Often this goes un diagnosed