Recently I found out that I am 4 weeks pregnant and I was really surprised. The thing is that I still have my period. I told my doctor about it and he told me that it is common that some women bleed during their pregnancy. How can this be?

Eventhough some women bleed during their pregnancy it is not a period. You don't have to be worried that something will happen to your baby because of this bleeding. However you still need to check that with your doctor because sometimes the bleeding can be a sign that something is wrong. So make sure to tell your doctor everything. The period-like bleeding is quite normal in some women, especially in the first trimester of the pregnancy. Though this bleeding may resemble menstruation, it is actually something different. Your period is caused by your mentrual cycle. During this cycle, your body releases hormones. These hormones send signals to your reproductive organs to perform certain actions and increase in your hormones causes your ovaries to release an egg. This egg travels from your ovaries through your fallopian tubes and meanwhile, a protective layer of blood and tissue thickens along the walls of your uterus. If this egg is not fertilized, your hormone levels will drop. They will signal your body that it is time to shed the lining that built up in your uterus and this is what causes your period. One of the most common causes of bleeding during pregnancy is called decidual bleeding. This happens because sometimes your body’s hormones can get out of whack causing you to lose parts of the lining of your uterus.

I have a question... Can deciduos bleeding be an early symptom of pregnancy?

I had my period two weeks ago and i had sex right before it and 2 days in a row after it, with protection. Now, whenever I go to the bathroom and whipe there are small spots of blood. Can this be a symptom of pregnacy or is it something else?

Cherrie that is a good question... that is whats happening with me right now and i want to noe that.... :O

I need help and I was wondering if anyone out there had a similar experience or can help me understand what may be going on with me. I had my last AF around 2/22, but I have been on birth control for many years. I was told that it would take 1-3 months to ovulate, but then I started to feel like I could be pregnant. I was monitoring (not charting) basal temps but was using an ear thermometer, which may not be accurate. Around 3/8, it looked like my basal temps increased, which I thought was ovulation but could be bc of ear thermometer. On 3/19th, I had very tender and BB and np, strong fatigue, bloating, some nausea and light-headedness, which could be bc of hormone surge? So then, I had pinkish discharge on 4/1, followed by 2 days of very light brown spotting. On 4/3, I took a blood test and my HCG levels were 2 (very low). On 4/4, I started to bleed. I don’t know what is normal for me bc of the BC. But I used 3 tampons the first day and 2 tampons the 2nd day and then it stopped. I’ve been having cramps and spotting since then (until yesterday 4/9). Since 4/1, I’ve been charting basal temps and all but one have been high. I’m not sure what’s happening so any help is much appreciated.