Why is BBT important for implantation? My wife is going to have implantation soon. Her doctor is still waiting for a right BBT. I am became little worried because it take so long. I am confused now; I don’t know anything about women BBT.

BBT refers to hers body resting/waking temperature and it is often used to chart fertility patters. BBT can be used to confirm the passage of ovulation, but cannot predict when ovulation will occur. It does this because the hormone progesterone (released in quantity after ovulation) causes the body's internal temperature to rise slightly. Remind your wife a few important things about BBT: temps need to be taken at the same time each morning, no warning of approaching ovulation, only confirmation when it has passed and minimum of 3 hours sleep is needed for an accurate temp. Also getting out of bed, any activity, drinking something, even a nightmare can alter her resting temps making them inaccurate or misleading.