I have severe Tourette's. I hit myself with my fists in strange patterns: collarbone, forehead, collarbone, forehead, shoulder, other shoulder, cheekbone, other cheekbone, chin, forehead...like that. Weird enough? I also shout obscenities, in addition to barking, screaming, lapsing into gibberish, hitting my body all over, hitting my rib with my fists, flapping, throwing my arms around in a disjointed fashion, spastic shaking, falling on the floor thrashing around and screaming, I have to sit on my hands in the car or at the table, etc so I don't keep on hitting myself all the time. I also do a gentler tapping version of the hitting tic and its complex patterns. At times, I can barely walk due to squatting, kicking and hopping tics. It all started with flailing of my arms two months ago, and all of it is unusual because I am fourteen, most severe cases of TS are in kids around age ten. I've seen videos of people who resorted to Deep Brain Stimulation, a risky procedure at best, which has practically "cured" several patients, however, others, it did nothing for. My neurologist has actually mentioned this...if it doesn't get better for months, although my family has decided we would wait at least a year before we resorted to so dangerous and radical a procedure. I am going to start behavioral therapy pretty soon, in addition to the possibility of experimental drug treatments and external magnetic stimulation, anything really so long as it isn't invasive or too risky. I don't know what to expect in the behavioral therapy, and I keep worrying (I'm OCD as well) that nothing will work. It's a terrifying possibility to me, for it is already a tall enough order that I just hang on and stay sane.

Thank you for sharing your personal experience with us. I am wondering if regular physical exercise may help you regain better motor control. I wish you the best of luck.