Hello, guys. My brother suffers from Borderline personality Disorder and I talked to his psychiatrist. It seems that psychotherapy is very important and it is called dialectical behavioral therapy. I would like to know something more about it. I thought my brother would be treated by medications since he had showed severe symptoms.

Hi, there. The key of Borderline Personality Disorder is psychotherapy. Dialectical behavioral therapy was specially designed for this disorder. It has been a success in many clinical trials. It has four main parts: individual therapy, telephone contact, therapist consultation and skills training. There are four modules in skills training. Those are: Core Mindfulness Skills, Interpersonal Effectiveness Skills, Emotion Modulation Skills and Distress Tolerance Skills. You should talk to your brother’s psychiatrist if you want to know anything more. I gave you some basic theses. Good luck!

Happened to pick up a response from yourself to a previous Q.... in which you allude to some papers you may have produced or have access to relating tho the benefits/or otherwise of managing bpd....notably through the dbt model.....Anything you may be able to pass on would really help. Crisis mo. & anything positive would be (if nothing else) a thought provoking opportunity
Here's hoping
x