my 4 1/2 yr old son will be sitting and then suddenly yell out. a sentence that doesn't make sense. he also has this thing he does with his face. he sort of scrunches and flattens his nose at once. is this tourette syndrome or something else i should be looking into?

I came upon this post by chance, when browsing google and felt I should chime in. My name is Eric and I am a resident of Georgia, and a freshmen in College. At the age of seven I was diagnosed with Tourettes syndrome and on of the first tics I had was the same thing your sun is experiencing with his nose. Shortly after I started having involuntary muscle movements, like crinkling my nose left and right or abnormal blinking of my eyes, I started having mild vocal tics. What you described in your son sounds like Tourettes but I have never heard of someone as young as 4 already showing symptoms. It is important to note that many people diagnosed with Tourettes lead normal lives and some, like me, grow out of some of their more extreme tics over time. However, puberty can be a rough patch.
See a neurologist and see how it goes.