I need to know whether my 9 years old daughter suffers from sensory integration dysfunction-this is what my friend has told me for her niece has the same symptoms like my daughter and that is disorganization, lack of any sort of the curiosity, my daughter isn't even interested in playing with other children and all this time I was practically abusing my kid of being lazy and now I came to know that this sort of behavior is sensory integration dysfunction related. Is there anyone to tell me what this sensory integration dysfunction is and how am I suppose to help my kid have more quality life? Thanks!

Hi there! My son was diagnosed the same condition-sensory integration dysfunction -4 years ago and now his condition has improved for he goes regularly on behavioral cognitive therapy counseling and is behaving and reacting much better now. Anyway having sensory integration dysfunction means being unable to receive different info that comes through senses-movement, touch, taste, smell, vision and hearing so for example I had problem with communicating to my kid –whenever I was telling him something or I was calling him he doesn't seem to register it was like I weren't there and many other similar situation and he also disliked playing with other kids preferred to stay alone-and even today he likes being lonely but it is not like it used to be-for through this sensory integration dysfunction behavioral therapy he learned to pay attention to what is happening around though he is still somewhat retired but all in all I am pretty much satisfied with this therapy especially regarding the fact that he has improved his school success ever since his sensory integration dysfunction was determined –so it is not about laziness or lack of energy –it is simply about not being able to react properly on senses and the only way out of this condition is learning how to do that. So my advice is take him to some psychiatrist for it is very important getting the proper diagnose first.