I am surprised not to hear of people in America having Thulium Laser surgery for BPH. It seems that with you HoLep is the flavour of the month.

All reports I have read rate Thulium as better than PVP and TURP and equally as good as HoLep and a much easier procedure to learn and much cheaper.

I had PVP in 2005 for my 75grm prostate and would have it again if it were available in my local NHS hospital. They were totally pro TURP but now have seen the light and have one team using Thulium laser.

I will be having it done (Eastbourne England) on May 28th on my 130grm prostate and will report back.

Eastbourne,  how did it go?

I will report fully on it shortly.Unfortunately the catheter caused me to get a rather stubborn UTI that required two lots of antibiotics. I will get another urine sample tested on Friday that hopefully will be negative.

eastbourne,

Hope all is going well. Is the UTI under control yet?

Last weeks urine sample showed no sign of infection but it still showed traces of blood (not visible to the naked eye)
However I still have pelvic discomfort in the night and some pain when urinating. Temperatures in the mid 80's of course reduce my urine output seemingly no matter much much I drink. Another sample on Monday also showed traces of blood and has been sent to the lab.
I have urology follow up on July 26th and will be able to get better answers then.

Dang UTI's.. I came home with a cath after my HoLEP last Thursday the 23rd. I hate it. Hopefully I can get it out tomorrow. Guess we just havee to grin and bear it.